rebuilding options

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

rebuilding options

Post by NEVENCE7 »

hey wasssup every1....what you guys think...should i go original usdm or do a nip tuck with the jdm conversion front??? :twisted:
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

well this really just comes down to what you like/can afford better and none of us can help you with figuring that out.

With that said though....

US front > JDM front
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

IF it's a rebuilt car/theft recovery it's totally up to you. The front end is most likely gone so it's easy to go either way.

However if it's a good condition, clean titled car I'd stick with the USDM front end on it.

Just my .02
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Erik95LS wrote:
US front > JDM front
X2
swed
NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

Dave_B wrote:IF it's a rebuilt car/theft recovery it's totally up to you. The front end is most likely gone so it's easy to go either way.

However if it's a good condition, clean titled car I'd stick with the USDM front end on it.

Just my .02
yea dave_b...i'll stick with the usdm front and my friends say the same thing too....that it look more aggressive when im speeding up from behind than the accord looking front-end.
soulassassin13
ITRCA Member

Post by soulassassin13 »

I think nothing looks more "gangsta" than a JDM front end. I think it really stands out.
Timeless. Keeping it real, so you don't have to.
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Erik95LS wrote:well this really just comes down to what you like/can afford better and none of us can help you with figuring that out.

With that said though....

US front > JDM front
I concur.
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Bbasso wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
US front > JDM front
X2
x3
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Doespike wrote:
Bbasso wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
US front > JDM front
X2
x3
x4

Although on a theft recovery or a rebuild of some kind, I would consider doing a JDM front.
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

JDM front should stay on JDM cars
D
"D" that's it.

Post by D »

soulassassin13 wrote:I think nothing looks more "gangsta" than a JDM front end. I think it really stands out.
Totally gangsta!!!... stands out just like every other mid 90's accord out there.
98#797
98#551
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the rate of increase in output per unit increase of input decreases as the input increases
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I just have to ask something I've been pondering for a very long time...

How does the word "gangsta" and the Lowest model of the line Acura even belong in the same sentence?
swed
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Bbasso wrote:I just have to ask something I've been pondering for a very long time...

How does the word "gangsta" and the Lowest model of the line Acura even belong in the same sentence?
Cuz sooner or later a gansta will steal eet & put B18C5 in their ratty ass Cibic.
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

98 CW ITR 322 wrote:
Bbasso wrote:I just have to ask something I've been pondering for a very long time...

Cuz sooner or later a gansta will steal eet & put B18C5 in their ratty ass Cibic.
troof!
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

98 CW ITR 322 wrote:

ROFL
NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds wrote:
Doespike wrote:
Bbasso wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
US front > JDM front
X2
x3
x4

Although on a theft recovery or a rebuild of some kind, I would consider doing a JDM front.
na it not a theft recovery or body damage rebuild.....its original but it got some scuff mark on the front from some dumbass driver who cant see....and i dont want to do any cutting to the original steel frame
NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

tartje wrote:JDM front should stay on JDM cars
i concur
NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

i should this thread title to conditioning not rebuilding
soulassassin13
ITRCA Member

Post by soulassassin13 »

Well, I was trying to keep it short, but since everyone has jokes I will just speak plainly. I do prefer the JDM front end. I think it looks more distinguished and more like it belongs in the Honda/Acura family of cars. The front end sold here just reminds me that Toyota came out with it first. It may have been part of the reason that "our" front end was only the the Japanese model for one year before such a drastic change was made from the front doors to the front frame tip. I think the USDM front end looks cartoonish.

Just my .02
Timeless. Keeping it real, so you don't have to.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

soulassassin13 wrote:Well, I was trying to keep it short, but since everyone has jokes I will just speak plainly. I do prefer the JDM front end. I think it looks more distinguished and more like it belongs in the Honda/Acura family of cars. The front end sold here just reminds me that Toyota came out with it first. It may have been part of the reason that "our" front end was only the the Japanese model for one year before such a drastic change was made from the front doors to the front frame tip. I think the USDM front end looks cartoonish.

Just my .02
hard to say who had it first. You may know, but all I know is both came out for the 94 model year.
-Erik

NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

Erik95LS wrote:
soulassassin13 wrote:Well, I was trying to keep it short, but since everyone has jokes I will just speak plainly. I do prefer the JDM front end. I think it looks more distinguished and more like it belongs in the Honda/Acura family of cars. The front end sold here just reminds me that Toyota came out with it first. It may have been part of the reason that "our" front end was only the the Japanese model for one year before such a drastic change was made from the front doors to the front frame tip. I think the USDM front end looks cartoonish.

Just my .02
hard to say who had it first. You may know, but all I know is both came out for the 94 model year.
what you mean by both came out for 94 model year???
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

NEVENCE7 wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:

Just my .02
I was referring to his reference of the toyota celica having the round headlights before the integra did.
-Erik

NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

Erik95LS wrote:
NEVENCE7 wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:

Just my .02
I was referring to his reference of the toyota celica having the round headlights before the integra did.
oh ok that clear things up.lol.....at first i though you meant the jdm and usdm were the same bubble light model in 94