PY 0300 stolen

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
PYitr300
New ITRCA Member

PY 0300 stolen

Post by PYitr300 »

PY ITR 0300 is now gone too. My car was stolen from outside my friend's house on N Ashland in Chicago. I know the insurance is going to lowball me, so can I get some info to counter it. What should I expect?

thanks
dan
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Damn, sorry to hear about this. Hope she can be recovered quickly before much strippage or damage. :? Keep us updated.

What year caR was this?

Here's a thread of a guy in a similar situation with insurance.
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Dam man...sorry to hear that. Did you have anything on the car that might have been one of a kind? Maybe post up the VIN number incase someone trys to sell parts off it like the motor ect. It can be Identified?

I couldnt even imagin what this would feel like! Sorry man. :cry:
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
dsisive
New ITRCA Member

Post by dsisive »

I'm currently in a battle with my insurance company on the payout. Having to hire my own appraiser. I hope things go better for you. I'm sorry for your loss.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Erik B wrote:
I couldnt even imagin what this would feel like! Sorry man. :cry:
X2
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

:(
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

Very sorry to hear that :(
PYitr300
New ITRCA Member

Post by PYitr300 »

thanks for all your support. Its a 2000 model year. I can't imagine the police will recover it, so I'm just hoping this is over quickly and I get my insurance money and move on. I just need to find an appraiser in the indianapolis to chicago area to counter whatever my insurance offers. What do you guys think I should settle for? The car is stock except for the added alarm system.

Also, how could the robbers take a car on Ashland, which is one of the busiest streets in chicago? that took guts (and some apathy from onlookers).
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

PYitr300 wrote:thanks for all your support. Its a 2000 model year. I can't imagine the police will recover it, so I'm just hoping this is over quickly and I get my insurance money and move on. I just need to find an appraiser in the indianapolis to chicago area to counter whatever my insurance offers. What do you guys think I should settle for? The car is stock except for the added alarm system.

Also, how could the robbers take a car on Ashland, which is one of the busiest streets in chicago? that took guts (and some apathy from onlookers).
just a question I had of what kind of alarm system?
dsisive
New ITRCA Member

Post by dsisive »

Some of these thieves are so good that they probably don't even look like they're doing anything wrong. I definitely sucks though, trust me I know. I'm going to have a hard time finding a car now because there isn't much out there that I would want and can afford.
PYitr300
New ITRCA Member

Post by PYitr300 »

The alarm system is the Acura one.

For my next car, I'll probably upgrade to a Dodge Neon. Maybe a Kia Sorrento. I haven't decided.
dsisive
New ITRCA Member

Post by dsisive »

I want a new mini s but its too much for me. I might try to get a used s2k .. not sure yet.
PYitr300
New ITRCA Member

Concluded.

Post by PYitr300 »

The cops recovered my car in a bad part of town - totally stripped. they took the engine, seats, dash, heart, soul... Basically everything that didn't have a VIN on it is gone. Watch out for sellers "parting" out their ITRs. My driver's seat has this soft worn spot near the left shoulder where I push off of everytime I get out of the car. My dash should have around 56-60K on it.

After a couple emails back and forth, my insurance company offered me $14K for my car. I'm satisfied with that amount.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

you do know that if 14K was the first offer they have more to give. they lowball on the first few attempts to settle quick.
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

So sorry to hear that they found your car that way. :cry:
I know how that feels.

I do agree with Rob on the amount though. Did you settle on that yet? You should dispute it if it's not too late.

Dawn
PYitr300
New ITRCA Member

Post by PYitr300 »

12K was the first offer. I countered with autotrader's 17-19, but the guy said that was asking, not selling. NADA and KBB were all less than 14, and it wasn't a GSR confusion thing; b/c GSR's are going for 9 on that website. He checked another car guide which stated 14K and said he'll give me that. Seemed fair to me. I think 14K is fair for my 8 year old car.

Speaking of s2000's, that's what I'm looking for. Been checking out s2ki.com and autotrader. Much like on this site though, everyone's overvaluing their car. Sentimental values for the ITR/s2k are always more than market value; the number of ebay cars that don't get sold b/c of too high reserves reflects that.
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Damn, sorry to hear. Hope the police can get some usable evidence off the shell :(
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
ITR Expo!
PYitr300
New ITRCA Member

Post by PYitr300 »

Here's my last moment with my ITR

Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Damn sorry to see that. I take it you won't be rebuilding heR? There might be some folks here who'd be interesting in buying the shell to rebuild. Did the insurance co offer a buyback?
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
ITR Expo!
Fret1255
New ITRCA Member

Post by Fret1255 »

sorry about your car bro good luck.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

So sad. :(
PYitr300
New ITRCA Member

Post by PYitr300 »

I don't have the tools or know-how to rebuild. If anyone wants her, she's at IAA in markham, IL
Bayside
New ITRCA Member

Post by Bayside »

You have PM
kensan
New ITRCA Member

Post by kensan »

Holy cow. What a strange coincidence, where my ITR was stolen 2 blocks from my condo in Lincoln Square.

City of Chicago found it about 2 - 3 weeks later, stripped.

My first offer was for 12k too! Here's hoping I get 14k...
kensan
New ITRCA Member

Post by kensan »

PYitr3000, can I ask what insurance company you have? I am hoping it's the same company. Thanks!

(I have allstate.)