short shifter?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
type_rydah
New ITRCA Member

short shifter?

Post by type_rydah »

whats the best short shifter for the R??
97 TYPE-R 312
Mid Atlantic Director

Post by 97 TYPE-R 312 »

lol, here we go again...

I like my Neuspeed unit. I have one installed on both my R and my 91 Si. I had installed these on numerous R's in the past in my area. From others, another vote would be for the C's unit.

Thanks,
Victor
97 TYPE-R 312
06 TSX 6MT NAVI
09 Ninja 250R
VPR Motorsports
Sponsoring EXPO 03-10
Mid Atlantic Dealer for Cobalt Friction, Sparco, Bell, Amsoil
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

C's is sweet bu very over priced...The B&M one is nice as well, but in all honesty, a short shifter is a short shifter for the most part. There are some crappy ones out there, but as long as you stick with a name that you've heard of before, you should be ok.....

Peace,
Aj
Blazin ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Blazin ITR »

type_rydah wrote:whats the best short shifter for the R??
C's short shifter!
97 TYPE-R 312
Mid Atlantic Director

Post by 97 TYPE-R 312 »

The #1 complaint on the B&M is rattling. Not sure if they had corrected this from the past, but it has come up a lot of times throughout the years.

Thanks,
Victor
97 TYPE-R 312
06 TSX 6MT NAVI
09 Ninja 250R
VPR Motorsports
Sponsoring EXPO 03-10
Mid Atlantic Dealer for Cobalt Friction, Sparco, Bell, Amsoil
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I've read a lot of the same posts and heard the same thing, but most of the time, it's due to the cat's heat shiled hitting the shifter under load. It's more a clearance issue than anything. Though, on the same token, better not to have to worry about it at all...

Later,
Aj
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

shifter

Post by Jan Niemi »

I liked the B&M on my 98 Civic, now it's on my good homeboy's 91 GS. I had a Skunk2 on my ITR, it's too universal in application, you have to use washers and spacers - the geometry is seriously compromised, I kept missing shifts with it. I'm back to my stock shifter, and I'm really happy with the stock, it's so well balanced, and perfect. I should have never bought the Skunk, it stunk!!
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

Now that I've driven my EP3 as a daily driver for a while, I find myself keeping my eyes open for that C's shifter that allows you to bring the shifter up closer to the steering wheel, but still reduce the throws.

I've driven Victor's (97 R 312's) Neuspeed shifter. It's OK.

To me, the stock ITR shifter is so good that unless it's a substantial improvement like that fully adjustable C's shifter, I don't think I'll bother.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Agreed...also, keep in mind, when it comes to car parts, much of the time, what you put in, is what you get out. In this case, you dont need to go over board, just be aware that this will affect the way your car drives on a day to day basis.

I've noticed creature comforts are far under-rated and over looked, which I think is a mistake...

Hasta Later,
Aj
vactor
New ITRCA Member

Post by vactor »

C's Driving Position shift!!
vactor