NorthCarolina ITR owners!

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Re: NC

Post by Utilitarian »

Asian G wrote:I'm an X- ITR Owner... just moved here to Ft. Bragg from Kansas. Sure do miss my R.
get another one... Want a stock '97? ;)

-Matt
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Re: NC

Post by Asian G »

Utilitarian wrote:
Asian G wrote:I'm an X- ITR Owner... just moved here to Ft. Bragg from Kansas. Sure do miss my R.
get another one... Want a stock '97? ;)

-Matt
Know of one F.S. or Got one F.S.? Fill me in. Would luv to have another! R from the N.C. Area?
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
R.I.P. C.R.C. & 97 CW-R 0158 12/17/04
Parts F.S.: http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12541
Ronin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Ronin »

I'm selling my 1997 Type R. The car is #97 and it has been meticulously cared for. Always garaged, pampered and has no modifications. The car has never raced or seen a track. It has been adult driven with no accidents and is in perfect running condition. The Type R has the dealer option AC. It has only 53k miles It still smells new you will be hard pressed to find one cleaner. Every bit of mechanical work has been recorded. Each gas fill up (how many miles, how much gas and MPG) has also been recorded since new. The car is located in Asheville NC and was purchased new from the local Acura Dealer. The price is $18,800.

Nicholas
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

^ Killer deal

< Also a NC ITR owner
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

Ronin wrote:I'm selling my 1997 Type R. The car is #97 and it has been meticulously cared for. Always garaged, pampered and has no modifications. The car has never raced or seen a track. It has been adult driven with no accidents and is in perfect running condition. The Type R has the dealer option AC. It has only 53k miles It still smells new you will be hard pressed to find one cleaner. Every bit of mechanical work has been recorded. Each gas fill up (how many miles, how much gas and MPG) has also been recorded since new. The car is located in Asheville NC and was purchased new from the local Acura Dealer. The price is $18,800.

Nicholas
I would love to have a 97... but $18,800 is way out of my range. Thanks for the reply tho.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

well hurry up and get something, I'd love to have another R enthusiast in this city of morons.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

itrsteez wrote:well hurry up and get something, I'd love to have another R enthusiast in this city of morons.
I just noticed that your from Fayetteville(this city is full of MORONS)... I'm stationed here on Fort Bragg. I've only seen one ITR since I've been here... and it was PY-R on Base. I would love to get another R... it has to be within my Range & still waiting to the right one to come along. Maybe we can try and catch up sometime... so I may check out your R! I miss my R a lot... but most of all I miss driving/riding in one! Hit me back.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

There's only 3 in town I know about.

The PY one does it have some nasty grey wheels with a polished lip? I talked to the guy once before, nice dude but I don't think he really had that full gung ho R attitude, just owned it.

The other is a fbp or npb with jdm front w/o a wing, never talked to the dude yet.

And mine is a fbp with jdm front and obnoxious white JDM ITR wheels.

I saw a 97 in passing once but I haven't seen it around since, hard to say.

Either way, yeah get one... city full of morons. The people that are doing it right I could count it on my fingers.

I advise staying away from the auto scene though, it'll turn you off quickly, there are normals but hide in seclusion, my r barely leaves the garage.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

Just waiting for the right time to pick one up. Plus... the thing that I'm worried about is that if I had an R around base... that'll it'll be fucked with all the time. No one knows how to drive & how to park around here. Just terrible! I've seen a few nice rides all fucked up from Door dings & fender benders cause of the stupid drivers. Not wanting to take the chance if I had an R. If I ended up getting another sometime soon... I'll end up storing her in a garage before I decided to park it on base.

That's good bro... I would hide my R too from morons around here! They see a nice car... expect it to get fucked with.

Thanks for the tip on the scene... Yeah the scene here... I laugh and schrugg whenever I see a riced out import. Plus I slap myself in the head too. "Dooh... what is he thinking?"

U going to Expo 7??? I'll probably going as a guest this year. Let me know what's up & maybe we can caravan up there together or something.

Later,

Brian
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Asian G wrote: U going to Expo 7??? I'll probably going as a guest this year. Let me know what's up & maybe we can caravan up there together or something.

Later,

Brian
You better be there ;) It's not very far for you now. See - the Army is good for something after all :D

<<is very proud of you for the path you have taken. I wish your brother would learn from your experiences.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

BudMan wrote:
Asian G wrote: U going to Expo 7??? I'll probably going as a guest this year. Let me know what's up & maybe we can caravan up there together or something.

Later,

Brian
You better be there ;) It's not very far for you now. See - the Army is good for something after all :D

<<is very proud of you for the path you have taken. I wish your brother would learn from your experiences.
Did I say probably be there... What I meant to say was, "I will be there forsure!" Expo only a few hours away from me again... But SAD :( this year... NO more R to run the track :cry:. It's O.K. though... I can still go for RIDES... YEAH!!! Hope U saved me a seat Budman??? :wink:

Thanks Budman for the Lub & support. Yeah I wish my lil bro would catch on and understand sometimes... but what more can I do... he'll always act like a lil brother & never wants to grow up! Always a KID having too much FUN.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
FiveOhOne
New ITRCA Member

Post by FiveOhOne »

i'm in concord but i haven't bought an itr yet. i need one badly. i had a 89 teg with a b18c5 in it but that got smashed... so, yeah
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

I can't really hate on that, I'd wanna wait too. Overall it'll be safe on base from theft but the dings, yeah... different story.

Either way there's the "you only live once" factor, espcially when you're in the army, as you know that profession can speed it up.

I'd get one regardless to tell ya the truth. Just garage it when you deploy.

Yeah I'm going to Expo, I have to.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

itrsteez wrote:I can't really hate on that, I'd wanna wait too. Overall it'll be safe on base from theft but the dings, yeah... different story.

Either way there's the "you only live once" factor, espcially when you're in the army, as you know that profession can speed it up.

I'd get one regardless to tell ya the truth. Just garage it when you deploy.

Yeah I'm going to Expo, I have to.
Yeah... I definently have plans to go to Expo 7 too! Just wish that I had an R to go along with it. I'm just waiting to find the one that I want... I got plenty of time... not in a hurry really. It's O.K. though... Expo is all about being around Awesome people & the R's. At least I'll be able to jump in the passenger seats and be able to go for rides. Have U been any of the Expo's in the past? I was at Expo 5 w/ my good old buddy Budman as my instructor.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

No I haven't, I might be cancelling my registration. I just blew out a tire on my r the other night, damaged one of my wheels. So I had to get a 5th, 2 new tires and a camber correction kit and front end alignment to ensure good tirewear (they weren't bald it was just a 1/4 strip on the inside that just got some abuse)

After it's said and done i'm dropping about $1000 to correct all of this, plus with the holidays it's not feesable for me to drop that cash and I tore up my credit cards last month... so yeah, haha. maybe next time in a place much further away.
Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by Revvin'4ever »

Quite possibly will purchase an ITR real soon, :fingerscrossed:, and am hoping to see a more active NC crowd at least... Anyone still around? I live in Asheboro, about 20mins south of Greensboro... If all things work out for me, I'd like to meet some more owners and enthusiasts locally... :)
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

There's tons of NC ITR enthusiasts. Tons... few in Charlotte, few in High Point, one in Kernersville, a few in Fayetteville, and a TON in Wilmington.
Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by Revvin'4ever »

Ok, that's swell :D !!! Thanks for the reply! I was starting to wonder if there were any of you guys left... :lol:

Still have my fingers crossed and hoping to land a deal within the next week or two... 8)
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

There is a MINT NBP in Wilson, NC that I saw on Autotrader... he was asking a little too much but I'm sure you could knock it down.
Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by Revvin'4ever »

I've actually been on autotrader religiously looking for ITR's over the past month or two... I've found a few that have interested me in NC and esp. one in Cincy, which I'm trying to agree apon a deal with the seller and go and pick it up presently, but I'm trying to work out a good % rate on a loan b/t two finance companies first... We'll see though hopefully 8)
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

hell yeah, well I hope something works out for you... best car you'll ever own, hands down.
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Re: NorthCarolina ITR owners!

Post by Utilitarian »

Anybody else new? Back from the dead... 8)
2003 BMW //M3 Carbon Black #78 TIR Class
2003 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx 5MT LSD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
crxgator
ITRCA Member

Post by crxgator »

just moi...
jzak1
New ITRCA Member

Post by jzak1 »

been in nc for 2.5 yrs, on the DL. never really posted much, but lookin forward to expo8, sinced i couldn't make it to expo7 :!:
When you bow, never take your eyes off your opponent-Bruce Lee
sneekyseven
New ITRCA Member

Post by sneekyseven »

A friend just turned me onto ITR's. I'm shopping around and spending a lot of time(too much time) learning anything I can find here on the forum and the internet. Overall these cars are holding their value exceptionally well. I'm just a little anxious about finding the right one that hasn't been abused