tein springs and koni shocks?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

tein springs and koni shocks?

Post by Jason Moon »

a friend of mine wants to get this setup. no coilovers because he'll be using it for daily driving. Just to make sure, isnt there better shocks than koni shocks that is worth the money and good as well? something like tokico, H&R, etc..?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

What does daily driving have to do with coilovers?
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Yeah, for real, my coilovers on their softest setting are far more forgiving than a set of Koni Yellows...You should look for dampning quality, and not assume that all coilovers aren't drivable on the street. Some of the nicest and most expensive are very steetable...

Later,
Aj
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jason Moon »

sorry, the word coilover shouldnt have been used. :roll: instead what i wanted to ask was, are koni shocks good? ive heard they suck for the money.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

For what your going to pay for shocks and spring you might as well save a few more hundred dollars and get you a nice set of coilovers with adjustable damper like AJ has. I have the Apexi WS on my car. The shock is not adjustable but man does it have a nice rice......I would recommend them for someone who plains on doing auto x'ing or road courses but for daily driving there great....
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Agreed, for a set of Koni's which will run you at the very least $400, and that's getting really lucky on pricing, probably closer to $500 being realistic...plus another 150-200 on springs, at that point, you're a couple hundred bucks short of a nice set of coilovers with springs wound specifically for that application.

So to answer your question as simply as I can, they're nice struts, but I wouldn't ever dream of buying them new when I had other options.

Later,
Aj