How old were you?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
JaG
New ITRCA Member

Post by JaG »

Just turned 18
97 TYPE-R 312
Mid Atlantic Director

Post by 97 TYPE-R 312 »

I was 23 :D

-Victor
97 TYPE-R 312
06 TSX 6MT NAVI
09 Ninja 250R
VPR Motorsports
Sponsoring EXPO 03-10
Mid Atlantic Dealer for Cobalt Friction, Sparco, Bell, Amsoil
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

You guys are a bunch youngstas LOL.

I was 29.
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

and ur an old guy. u'll be needing a cane soon. no more ITR for u. hahahha just messin jetydosa, i just had to say something. haha
BCNUV8
New ITRCA Member

Post by BCNUV8 »

41 years old when purchased ITR much to wife's dismay! ITR is 2 years old now and she has yet to drive it....she messed up my GSR that was 4 years old and perfect by hitting a sign in a parking lot :evil: There is no better balanced production car sold, IMHO, and I started in the early 70's by modding a Datsun 240z with I/H/E and carb's and suspension.
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Wow.......I was 44 when I bought my new '98. I've owned a few nice sporty cars in the past but this time was looking to not spend a lot of $, and I wanted something new. Actually looked at a Contour SVT - 4 doors; trying to justify & all - (big mistake THAT would have been!) and the Ford dealer pissed me off so I went to look at a Integra, probably a GSR. I'd heard of the Type R of course and had read about it but didn't know the dealer had one. Sure enough they did, in the showroom. I drove a 'regular' Integra and told the GM that is the R was outside for a test drive I'd drive it. Of course it was outside when I got back. I drove it and bought it. First time I'd never played the hard-to- get consumer role. I had done business with the GM but still bought it at sticker, tho he 'threw in' locking lug nuts and I believe mats. I've never regretted it.
cronic
New ITRCA Member

Post by cronic »

25 - Felt sad one day. Bought ITR. Loving every second of it.
Better than a boyfriend! :twisted:
01typeR341
New ITRCA Member

Post by 01typeR341 »

I was 22. I have a 98 eclipse gst also, but I was dying to get R in good condition. I found one on Ebay about 2 months ago and had to have it. I love it, and the R is so much more fun to drive then a turbocharged eclipse. :lol:

Ryan
01 ITR #341 PY
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

I was 20 bought it may 2000 had a 1986 Honda Prelude SE at 16 beat the shit out of it had over 300000km never died it rotted out on me sub-frames would cave in when putting it on a hoist so had to retire it. HONDA FOR LIFE
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS
xanctus
New ITRCA Member

Post by xanctus »

I was 26 when I bought my R....
CanadianR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CanadianR »

I was 28 when i bought mine, as a graduation present to myself. I had to do some convincing with my girlfriend until she actually saw it being detailed at the dealership, then she insisted that i buy it. It was bought used last summer by the way.
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jason Moon »

i got mine when i just became 18. LEGAL and DEMANDING :twisted:
hungsteR
New ITRCA Member

Post by hungsteR »

I got mine when I was 23. Enjoyed it everyday since :D
00-0000 FBP ITR
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Post by Utilitarian »

I got mine a few months ago. I haven't aged since and I'm still 24. Be patient- good things come to those who wait (or figure out how to get credit at a young age).
2003 BMW //M3 Carbon Black #78 TIR Class
2003 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx 5MT LSD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
BLAAK
ITRCA Member

Post by BLAAK »

Bought ML007's ITR just a month ago at 36.

When ML007 announced in our AutoX club's forum that the ITR was for sale, I had made a joke about purchasing it but soon realized that I was due for a newer car. Fooled everyone since it was kept as a secret until I showed up with it at our club's Open House day.

Since I believe in Honda products, this was a chance of a life time. Sure the $ was somewhat high compared with others but knowing ML007, it was in very good hands. So, made a few calls, and got this baby.

Now, I go to work with a smile after driving it. :wink: Just a joyful car to drive smooth or hard.

At least, my clients will take me more seriously when I show up with this beauty.

Blaak
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I bought it for my 30th Birthday, Midlife chrisis :P

Now I have the car 2.5 years...
swed
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

jetydosa wrote:You guys are a bunch youngstas LOL.

I was 29.
you're still wet behind the ears yourself, jetydosa ;-)

I bought mine when I was 36, I would have bought one before, but they didn't sell 'um in the US until then ;-)
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

I think I have you all beat.
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

George Knighton wrote:I think I have you all beat.
Trust me, you're not going to hurt my feelings by being older than I am ;-)

You were one of the few guys at the Expo that made me feel a little less out of place :P
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

Ford Prefect wrote:
George Knighton wrote:I think I have you all beat.
Trust me, you're not going to hurt my feelings by being older than I am ;-)

You were one of the few guys at the Expo that made me feel a little less out of place :P
I thought you were 18 George? :P

I was 24, almost 25 when I got my 2001.

I would have liked one in 97 or 98, but I didn't have the financial resources to pay for my own.

I'm wondering, how did you 16-18 year olds pay for an R? I had a co-signer at 21 years old due to 'lack of credit', I'm wondering how people that young are a) able to afford a 25,000 car and b) how they are able to get a loan!!
integtypr01
New ITRCA Member

Post by integtypr01 »

mine was a happy 16th birthday thing from my parents. but now all of my b-days for the rest of my life are going to suck...unless i can talk them into a ferrari for my 18th! lol j/k
moose6x3
New ITRCA Member

Post by moose6x3 »

my parents wrote a check for the car but im making monthly payments to them
jaa1311
New ITRCA Member

Post by jaa1311 »

my parents signed for the financeing, i pay the payments but its in my mom's name. working 40 hr's week so its not bad. its all work/school till the weekends. its worth it though everytime i drive the damn thing :D
fredtoast
ITRCA Member

Post by fredtoast »

I was 38. I'd always liked sports cars but spent my money on other things. When my truck got totaled in 2001 I accidently came across a great deal on a 98 ITR with only 11K miles. I bought it for $18.5K. Since then I've added a jrsc kit (BTC, MAP controller, 255 l/hr fuel pump, cooler plugs, and 8psi stepper pulley), AEM CAI, 2.5" Kamikaze header, and 2.5" custom exhaust. I've bought most of the parts used from the classifieds here and at honda-tech.com. I have to drive a lot (over 25K miles a year), and love every minute of it. The best part is that it didn't cost me very much. I'm glad that I didn't get hooked on this speed thing when I was a teenager. I probably would have killed myself or blown up my car. Plus I would have missed out on a lot of good times (travel, skiing, concerts, etc.) if I had maxed out my credit cards for car parts.
98-0658
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

I'm 19, just got my R less than 2 months ago. I paid for it full by myself. How? I been saving since high school. I know its sad but an ITR is all i ever wanted, ever since 97. I don't regret working my ass off and saving for it either. Its worth every penny i paid for it.

NT