spring shock setup

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

spring shock setup

Post by Jason Moon »

what is a good website to get discounts on parts? and also what is a good spring and shock setup. that isnt too expensive.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Depends on which parts, what brands, etc. that you are looking for and what kind of delays you are willing to go through if any.

As far as a good spring strut combo, I happen to personally like Billstein sports and H&R sports. In all honesty though, you may want to look into some of the less expensive coilovers on the market, becuase for only a few hundred bucks more, you could have a nice set of coilovers...What are you looking to accomplish, street, track, or a combination of both????

Later,
Aj
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jason Moon »

this modification will not be going on my car, its for a friend. he wants it for daily driving nothing else. (well maybe punch the car here and there :twisted: )

basically what he wants is firm daily driven spring strut combo. hes tight on money so he would like only these for now.

in my opinion, i was considering a combo of eibach springs and tokico shocks. since they are a reputable company and it is good for its money :) also he wants, 1.5 drop on car all around, and he doesnt want to change upper and lower connecting thing, where u change the caster, camber, toe-in toe-out (what do u call it?) :roll:
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Well, with an inch and half drop, he'll be chewing up tires, so I'd say it's either spend like 2-300 bucks on a nice set of camber kits, or be buying tires almost twice as often due to cupping. That's his call, but I wouldn't recomend anything more than like 3/4 of an inch to an inch at most without the use of some sort of camber correct.

Eibach makes good springs as well as H&R, they are reaslistically the two leaders in springs, they both have the most R&D and realistic quality management. As far as Tockico, it's just a matter of prefference, but I['m not a big fan, I think when it comes to suspension components, you get what you pay for, and there's a reason why Tockico is a less expensive strut. Honestly though, for the street, it's not much going to matter. Either way, I'll stick with my recomendation of Billsteins, they're just provide very high quality dampning...

Later,
Aj