New build

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Gross_00-0088
New ITRCA Member

New build

Post by Gross_00-0088 »

I am wondering if any one has a similar setup in the car and how it runs. and if it is worth getting tuned.

11.3:1 SRP Pistons at 81.25 bore
JE Pro Seal Rings
Eagle Rods (the stroke is stock)
Stock Crankshaft
Stock Cams/Skunk 2 Cam gears
Skunk 2 Titainium Retainers
Skunk 2 Duel Valve springs
Skunk 2 Valves ( Not high comp valves)
AEM cold air intake
(Maybe Hondata Intake mani gasket if some ppl can vouch for them)

Right now I have the stock exhaust but I'm planning on:
4-1 JDM header
JDM Cat/ Or just a test pipe
Jic Magic cat-back

I think thats all I'll have done to it performance wise
GROSS
Dave_B

Re: New build

Post by Dave_B »

Do you already have all the parts?

IMO, in that build list, you could skip the rods and save yourself some $$$ for cams instead.

But in reference to the tuning, absolutely. The won't ever run "right" the way it should with all the parts you have. Get yourself some sort of EMS (check to see what your local tuner uses, and go from there) Then get it tuned. You could see as low as 5 up to 15 WHP increase just in tuning, depending on build.

Just plan on the cost of EMS, ECU if needed (and socketing for some tuning programs) and the cost of doing the tune.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Gross_00-0088
New ITRCA Member

Post by Gross_00-0088 »

No I don't have them but they are on their way. The only reason I went ahead and got the rods is because I got pistons, rods, and rings for $650 and my rods had a little bit of wear on them so I figured what the hell. But do you think the car will be fine to drive for a few months before getting tuned? I just need a running car right now I will be able to get it tuned in a few months. I have used all my money gettin those parts.
GROSS
Gross_00-0088
New ITRCA Member

Post by Gross_00-0088 »

and the skunk 2 stuff in the head was already done when I got the car the kid did it before I bought it. My friend dont think the cams are stock but I figure they are. My car still ran a 14.7 in 1/4 a mile with everything stock but what he had in the head with no compression really in the #1 cylinder.
GROSS
00-501itrspec
New ITRCA Member

Post by 00-501itrspec »

Dave_B wrote:Do you already have all the parts?

IMO, in that build list, you could skip the rods and save yourself some $$$ for cams instead.

But in reference to the tuning, absolutely. The won't ever run "right" the way it should with all the parts you have. Get yourself some sort of EMS (check to see what your local tuner uses, and go from there) Then get it tuned. You could see as low as 5 up to 15 WHP increase just in tuning, depending on build.

Just plan on the cost of EMS, ECU if needed (and socketing for some tuning programs) and the cost of doing the tune.
Exactly what dave said , i usually agree with him anyways . we think alike ;)
Gross_00-0088 wrote:No I don't have them but they are on their way. The only reason I went ahead and got the rods is because I got pistons, rods, and rings for $650 and my rods had a little bit of wear on them so I figured what the hell. But do you think the car will be fine to drive for a few months before getting tuned? I just need a running car right now I will be able to get it tuned in a few months. I have used all my money gettin those parts.
NO , it wont be fine if you drive it for a few months.
Sorry man . but if you do ,
the motor that would have lasted 50k miles , will now last 20k miles ,

GET IT TUNED BEFORE YOU DRIVE IT AT ALL .

Seriously
Gross_00-0088
New ITRCA Member

Post by Gross_00-0088 »

Yeah I should have the money cuz I'm not gettin it done as fast as I thought I would. So by the time I am done I should have to money
GROSS
00-501itrspec
New ITRCA Member

Post by 00-501itrspec »

Gross_00-0088 wrote:Yeah I should have the money cuz I'm not gettin it done as fast as I thought I would. So by the time I am done I should have to money
Either way,

if your broke , your seriously better off NOT driving it untuned ,

you will be saving yourself alot of BS in the long run , and money .
Gross_00-0088
New ITRCA Member

Post by Gross_00-0088 »

ok thanks, I really wasn't sure I have never built anyhting before so I didn't really know.
GROSS