My custom roll bar pictures

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

My custom roll bar pictures

Post by Erik B »

SOrry i never did post up pictures of the finished product. For those that don't know I went from getting a Cusco cage to being talked out of it by the fellow ITRCA road racing whores! :lol: But seriously Im really glad yall helped me go a safer route and I couldnt be happier with how the it turned out...and best part abotu the cage you really cant tell but it was built it's fully removable! He actually built my J's Racing C pillar bar right into the bars themself...I think it came out perfect!!!! All I need to figure out is how to get my harnesses mounted to the harness bar. :( What you think?

2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: My custom roll bar pictures

Post by Erik B »

Did no one see this because I posted it on the weekend? :lol:
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Where are the rear legs mounted?
swed
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

seatbelt mounts
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Erik, Get us more pics of the mounting locations and such.

Looks good from this angle.

As for the seatbelts/harnesses... there is a "clip" that I use that I wrap the harness around the bar, then use this clip to keep in place. I'll see if I can get you some pics tonight for clearification.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

hrmmm SO there is no rollover crush protection other then the car suporting the bar?
makes me worried :?
swed
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Bbasso wrote:hrmmm SO there is no rollover crush protection other then the car suporting the bar?
makes me worried :?
HUH?

The front bar that goes over the driver and pass seat is mounted into the floor board of the car. A plate was welded in and the bar attatched to it on the floor of the car. Thats roll over protection. Then, as u can see in the pics, it has support from the front selt belt mounts and the bars that go to the rear seat belt mounts. The Js pillar bar was welded into the bar frame as u can see in the pics. I guess u cant see it in these pictures but the bar is welded into the floor of the car.
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
01-0720
New ITRCA Member

Post by 01-0720 »

hes sayin theres no rear down bars, you have the main hoop then for some reason they goto the rear upper seatbelt mounts, thats not going to support anyweight in the event of a rollover, maybe if the car landed directly on the roof and stayed there maybe, but if rolled at any angle that main hoop is gonna push front or back, its not goin to stay there, thats why other rollbars have those two main rear down bars that goto the rear strut mounting points for support, and then ususally have side to side supports like a rear strut bar

yours seems to be a nice show car rollbar, but i doubt it whould be legal in a race event, you should have just bought a autopower or a kirks bar, so much better design and quality and inexpensive, but hey its your show car
2001 Phoenix Yellow Integra Type R #01-0720*SOLD*
Hopefully a CW 98 R Next
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Rollbar was built by someone that does professional roll cages for Craftman NASCAR Trucks. I'll take his word on the bar working over a theroy someone might have on the internet brother. No disrespect. The support that goes to the top of the rear shock towers does the same as the support on the rear pillar. We can e-talk about if the car rolls at this angle, that angle, if the car rolls off a 300 foot cliff and lands this way and that way all day long and really not prove anything. They will povide SOME roll over protection but I know it's not going to turn my car into a tank. All I can ask for. It's it's my turn to go...Imma go no matter how much roll over proctection I have.

BTW my "show car" does it's job at the drag strip :wink:
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
01-0720
New ITRCA Member

Post by 01-0720 »

ahh its a drag car, now i see, have fun goin straght
2001 Phoenix Yellow Integra Type R #01-0720*SOLD*
Hopefully a CW 98 R Next
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Tons fo fun bud...welcome.
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
phoenixR34
New ITRCA Member

Post by phoenixR34 »

Erik B wrote:The support that goes to the top of the rear shock towers does the same as the support on the rear pillar. We can e-talk about if the car rolls at this angle, that angle, if the car rolls off a 300 foot cliff and lands this way and that way all day long and really not prove anything.
Dude, you're insane. You ask everyone's opinion about the roll bar, then accuse everyone of e-thuggin'.. the simple fact that you don't know how the harness attaches, doesn't lend any credibility to you either! There isn't a single series in North America that would allow rear bars like that.. SCCA, NASA, ALMS, Grand AM, you name it. There are angle requirements for the rear bars and some specifically require the rear down bars to attach to the suspension pickup points or shock towers.

The point of a roll cage is to provide some cage or structure around the driver when the body crumples in a crash. If the roll bar attaches to the upper *body*, how does that work? Your bar looks like a nice harness bar that could possibly provide some structure in a roll-over. AI'm betting as soon as that car lands on its side, that down bar is going to bend inwards, allowing the mainhoop to collapse.

If you want clarification, check out the NASA's requirements for downbars. SCCA and everything else will be the same:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf

Page 61. Instructions on how to attach the harnesses are on page 59. Here's an example of a legal roll bar.. or should I say, you could drive on track in HPDE events all you want with that, but it'll never pass a race tech.

Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I know how to attach harnesses. My 11 month old daughter could a attach a harness but attaching TAKATA long harnesses to a roll bar is what Im unsure of. :?

On a side note, when did I "accuse" anyone of anything? Especially "e-thuggin". Get your facts str8...or simpley read the post a bit better and stop tryign to be a keyboard commando. :roll:
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I can't even respone to this mess... As I said before, there appears to be no real support for the real attachments. I'll leave it at that.
swed
nju
New ITRCA Member

Post by nju »

nice !!! how much did you pay for this?
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Bbasso wrote:I can't even respone to this mess... As I said before, there appears to be no real support for the real attachments. I'll leave it at that.
Sell it to this guy. :mrgreen:
white rocket
ITRCA Member

Post by white rocket »

Looks like it's more for chassis rigidity than safety. It's basically a 2 point cage. I'd be afriad of it ripping right out of the floor in the event of a rollover. I ain't knockin' it because it looks like a super quality piece. I like how the c-pillar bar was intergrated into the design. Either way, if you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

Crazy car BTW. You must run 10's in that thing :shock:
werd to herb