1998 Integra Type R - 56K - Showroom Condition - ON, Canada

Post Cars For Sale ONLY
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

1998 Integra Type R - 56K - Showroom Condition - ON, Canada

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

Car is SOLD :(

Thanks everyone! All the Best. I'll be back one day.
Last edited by CDM 98 ITR on August 2nd, 2008, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
typesgsr
ITRCA Member

Re: 1998 Integra Type R - 56K - Showroom Condition - ON, Canada

Post by typesgsr »

The car looks beautiful! Excellent condition.
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

Thanks man!

This is truly not one to miss!

Stunning condition ... a total show stopper, Meticulously maintained, mature owner, and serviced by one of the best Honda mechanics in Canada.
mikestyperr
New ITRCA Member

Post by mikestyperr »

18,5 canadian comes out to what in american money??
98' cw #892 in effect.
rocketkev
New ITRCA Member

Post by rocketkev »

18,500 canadian is right now about 18,500 american.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

wow...just WOW! That cars a gem!!!!!
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

Will be taking some more pics this weekend if we get some sunlight.

PM with any questions!

Cheers.
wagyshag
New ITRCA Member

Post by wagyshag »

CDM 98 ITR wrote:Thanks :) I think so too.

Will be taking some more pics this weekend if we get some sunlight.

PM with any questions!

Cheers.
Can you please PM me; very interested in your car - thank you.
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

PM Replied :)
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Dear God, man!

I had no idea your car was so mint!
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

Thanks Opie!

It's actually sort of a shame when you think about it. I spent all my time keeping her clean and barely ever got to drive the damn thing! I really hate the fact that I have to sell it. I know people say it all the time, but I REALLY don't want to.

Why in the hell don't I make enough money to sustain both of my cars dammit! That's it ... I'm starting to sell crack :twisted:
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Any idea how hard it is to register a Canadian car in the states?

As much as I hate to admit this, I really want to buy your caR :)
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

I don't know the steps to take, but the NY DMV has it on their website. It's not difficult though. I know it's been done plenty of times in NY. A couple years ago a 2001 CW R was registered here in Buffalo from Canada. Doo eet! 8)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

Other than obtaining the Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS), and Recall Release documents from Acura, and having a valid passport, I'm not sure what else. There will probably be some fees here and there, but I guess all it would take is a call to your local DMV. When you guys register a car down there, does the government hit you with state tax and a bunch of other bullshit?

Opie, if you want her, I'll meet you at the border 8) It's about 2 hours from my house.

She need a good home.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

You posted that you "had" red seats. What's in there now? What happened to the stock seats/wheels? Did you sell them or gone before you bought the car?
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

Had the 01 Red seats when I bought the car two years ago. Honestly, I hated them. Sold the fronts to "Bald" on H-T, and the rears to "Clayton Bigsby" on H-T. With that money, I purchased the Recaro's, the Bride rails, and a set of black w/red stitch rear seats to complete the interior, although I have never installed the rear seats because I never use them. I would have been more inclined to keep the red interior if my car was an 01 and came with them. it's a 98, so I wasn't worried about it. SRD > OEM seat any day of the week.

Wheels, I don't have. It was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done and I regret it immensely. They did come with the car when I purchased it, as did the Slipstreams. The only thing I changed was I put on a brand new set of RT-615s. I did look around for a set of OEM 15s before I decided to sell, but I figured I'd let the buyer decide what he/she wants.
type-are
New ITRCA Member

Post by type-are »

Other then what CDM has said, to register this car in some states, CDM would have to register it first in the states, because getting the car approved here first would have to be from a Canadian resident. For example, if CDM were to take a job here or re-locate here in the states, the "legalization" of this car would go so much easier, but since this is not the case, getting it passed in the states is almost IMPOSSIBLE.

I am from SOCAL, and have tried almost everything to a T, to get this car here, I have all the documentation from Acura, the supported VIN# (thanks CDM) I have all the necessary paperwork to be filled from the seller, but the DMV has another documentation in regards to being the original owner filing for transfer of vehile registration from one country to antoher, for which i am not the current registered owner. =(

The final way to do this is through a business, car business that is. I have some friends in the industry, but to get that passed, takes some time and lots of $$$. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me, and I would tell you how far I got.

Other then that, GREAT CAR
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

type-are wrote:Other then what CDM has said, to register this car in some states, CDM would have to register it first in the states, because getting the car approved here first would have to be from a Canadian resident. For example, if CDM were to take a job here or re-locate here in the states, the "legalization" of this car would go so much easier, but since this is not the case, getting it passed in the states is almost IMPOSSIBLE.

I am from SOCAL, and have tried almost everything to a T, to get this car here, I have all the documentation from Acura, the supported VIN# (thanks CDM) I have all the necessary paperwork to be filled from the seller, but the DMV has another documentation in regards to being the original owner filing for transfer of vehile registration from one country to antoher, for which i am not the current registered owner. =(

The final way to do this is through a business, car business that is. I have some friends in the industry, but to get that passed, takes some time and lots of $$$. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me, and I would tell you how far I got.

Other then that, GREAT CAR

Thanks for that info!

Although it seems like you've got all your ducks in a row, something doesn't seem right. US and Canada have an agreement that vehicles that comply with both US and Canadian standards (DOT / RIV / MTO / DMV / FMVSS) can be imported / exported as you desire. The Type R, coming from Japan for the CDM, is identical in every way to the one meant for the USDM, with the exception of a metric speedometer.

Here is a document that spells out all the regulations for import / export. Seems you guys have a hell of a lot less fees than we do!
http://www.customs.gov/linkhandler/cgov ... ngacar.doc

main page:
http://www.customs.gov/xp/cgov/travel/c ... obiles.xml

If the car passes FMVSS, DOT inspection and EPA approval, if you are a US resident, you may import a foreign vehicle for personal use. I can't see why you wouldn't be able to.

Type-are: Did you receive the FMVSS form claiming that my vehicle was compliant with US standards?
type-are
New ITRCA Member

Post by type-are »

Hey CDM,

Yeah I did. It wasnt easy, I had a very good friend from Acura get it for me, for which only the owner of the car that is transporting the vehicle may obtain that information from US Acura Division. They won't send it to you without valid documentation of yourself owning it, but I had an inside track help me out.

Yeah, the necessary changes are only the speedometer, and smog in regulations with the state, which are both easy to pass, or easily manipulated to pass. I called the DMV, and they gave me info on how to do it, and then when I went to the DMV, it was a whole another story. I am going through a distant cousin that works at the DMV, to see what I can do. The major problem was getting the legal documentation of the Canadian owner (you) stating that you are relocating here for work, school, government, or anything of that type...for registering this car here as a vehicle of your use for any of the above. I would love to ask you to do that, but I wouldn't want to burden you of the situation, if anything were to happen. I am still working on it....

More details to come...California is RETARDED!! My next step is to possibly register via another state, and have a transfer of state registration =)
the_integra_man
New ITRCA Member

Post by the_integra_man »

Wow, I think I am in love.... Do you have an e-mail address I can contact you through?
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Absolutely STUNNING representation of an ITR!!! Beautiful!!!

Opie, this very well may be your car my friend.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

Dave_B wrote:Absolutely STUNNING representation of an ITR!!! Beautiful!!!

Opie, this very well may be your car my friend.
Thanks, Dave!

I'm actually flabbergasted that it hasn't sold yet. Everyone that has come to see it has been blown away, but no one has pulled the trigger!

Opie, how are things progressing my friend?
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

This car is gorgeous, the only reason I havent purchased it is because I dont want to hassel with registering the car, it would be sold otherwise. I Live right below you in Spokane Wa which isnt to far away though. I am going to PM you with a few questions.
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

PMs replied :)
CDM 98 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDM 98 ITR »

Bump

Still available!

PM with any questions at all!