6'7" and looking for a daily driver

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
prez1967
New ITRCA Member

6'7" and looking for a daily driver

Post by prez1967 »

Considering an ITR for a daily driver... always wanted one but thought that my height was going to be a factor...

can any of you tall owners chime in and help persuade me otherwise? any suggested mods to help a guy my size fit better? if at all?

Also, how do these cars hold up if well maintained after 100K? i see plenty for sale with 120-150K miles... i just want a daily driver that'll see summit point from time to time... should i be worried about excessive oil consumption or other similar worries?

Dimitri
Markusirealius01
ITRCA Member

Re: 6'7" and looking for a daily driver

Post by Markusirealius01 »

They hold up just like all honda's. That is if you take care of them. Yous hould be alright if you get a low bucket seat in it otherwise you might want to consider a GS-R. The GS-R has a sun roof so it gives youy about an inch and a half more head space. It is a little slower but that can be fixed. i am not saying that they are slow just saying not as fast as the R. The oil you should not have to worrie about so much as long as you dont redline it after every stop. My sugestion is to find any integra at a dealer and test drive it. it might be slow but it is the exact same layout as the R and GS-R.
www.jsracing-net.com
www.typeoneracing.com
J's Racing, T1R, Feel's, and Spoon Authorized Distributor.
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

Markusirealius01 wrote:The GS-R has a sun roof so it gives youy about an inch and a half more head space. It is
Having a sunroof gives you less head room, not more.
baysic r
New ITRCA Member

Post by baysic r »

i'm 6' 5" and love the room but 2 more inchs it might be tight. i owned a gsr, and from that to the r there is more room in the r.

it seems that the seats in the r are more set down in the car, the brackets are designed a little diffrent for better driving condition or it could be just more headroom because of the absent of the sunroof.
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Both Erik (Erik95ls) and Jim (Walker111) are giants, and they fit well in their cars.
Not quite sure what they did, if anything. Maybe pm them.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Keep the stock seats in the ITR and you'll be ok. Are you a skinny 6'7''? Im only 6'2'' but I use to weight 267lbs and fit OK with my recaros. In my friends stock seat ITR I fit fine. Im at about 245lbs-250lbs now and fit good. The recaro seats sit you up higher then stock seats.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
p nut
New ITRCA Member

Post by p nut »

I would steer you away from getting an R as a daily driver. Yes, people do DD them, but doesn't mean it's the best idea. Too many thieves lurking around. No creature comforts for a daily. Rough suspension. Etc. I'd get a GSR or an RSX as a daily.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

While I'm not anywhere near your size, I DD my R. Not really want I want to do with it, but with 35mpg and plenty of room it is good transportation :P I'm glad I live in the sticks now ;) But even when I lived in Brooklyn NY I still drove it and parked it everywhere.
Just make sure you get it properly secured when you do park it.
swed
p nut
New ITRCA Member

Post by p nut »

Bbasso wrote:While I'm not anywhere near your size, I DD my R. Not really want I want to do with it, but with 35mpg and plenty of room it is good transportation :P I'm glad I live in the sticks now ;) But even when I lived in Brooklyn NY I still drove it and parked it everywhere.
Bbasso - I've seen pics of your car. You need to keep that thing as prestine as it is right now! Get yourself a CRX or EG/DC4 for a DD, and let one of them take the abuse, door dings, etc.
soulassassin13
ITRCA Member

Post by soulassassin13 »

p nut wrote:
Bbasso wrote:While I'm not anywhere near your size, I DD my R. Not really want I want to do with it, but with 35mpg and plenty of room it is good transportation :P I'm glad I live in the sticks now ;) But even when I lived in Brooklyn NY I still drove it and parked it everywhere.
Bbasso - I've seen pics of your car. You need to keep that thing as prestine as it is right now! Get yourself a CRX or EG/DC4 for a DD, and let one of them take the abuse, door dings, etc.
I DD my ITR also and I agree, I drive my car everywhere around Seattle. The gas mileage is decent and it has been messed with way less than my last car.
Timeless. Keeping it real, so you don't have to.
Jon D
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jon D »

I know this is an old one, but for the record.....DDing an ITR is not highly recommended, nor recommended at all to be honest. Maybe if you have the ability to park it within sight at all times, but you have to go to sleep eventually. When you do they'll come. Mine remains stuck hibernating when i can't drive it unfortunately.
ITR #98-804