TYPE R THEFT PREVENTION IDEAS...

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
fRISCOVGUY21
New ITRCA Member

TYPE R THEFT PREVENTION IDEAS...

Post by fRISCOVGUY21 »

sup yall.
I just recently bought myself a 2000-R and I know car theives love to keep their eyes on one of these. I did some research and found out there are numerous type-r's that are stolen these days. SHIT is getting me a bit paranoid. Read a forum today and found out some dude got his shit stolen right off his damn driveway...That's just bullshit. Decided to put up my own thing to find out if anyone has any bright ideas to make their car completely INVINCIBLE TO CAR-THEFT (or anywhere close to it).
Here's my proposed idea:
-Get a good car alarm system and attach the Powerlock System. (http://www.powerlock.com). Just found out about this powerlock thing today and it seems pretty damn good. I don't want to make it seem like I'm advertising for powerlock or anything, I just wonna know more about this so called 100% full-proof system to deter professional car thieves. They say they only way to steal a car that has the Powerlock is to tow it away. So I thought of preventing the tow away part too, by using this wheel lock my friend has. It's this big red lock that locks around your wheel. By using two of these locks (one for the front wheel and one for the back wheel), it will make it a bit difficult to even tow the car away.

So...that's my two cents worth. Get a car alarm, attach the powerlock ($229-269), and use the wheel lock. To add extra layers of protection, get the bulletproof Autolock and hood locks (to prevent tampering of the engine bay). And all of this shouldn't burn a hole through our wallets. That's what I like about. Quality at a cost-friendly Price.

The discussion has begun. _FriscoVguy21.
Robert
New ITRCA Member

Post by Robert »

... remove your ECU... easy theft prevention (unless they tow).
semar
New ITRCA Member

antitheft

Post by semar »

knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

Damn I think I will be getting this! Thanks Semar...
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
Blowing your motor when attempting to run a Type-R- PRICELESS!!!
knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

Well I emailed them and got a response from the California rep for them within 24 hours. He told me that it would cost me $299 for it to be installed into my R and that's with them comming to my house and doing it all right there on the spot! Not too shabby if you ask me. I am getting a 20% discount being a military member(wish more people and places did this). So it will be more like $260 installed at my house!
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
dc2quick
New ITRCA Member

Post by dc2quick »

I remember reading somewhere online for the year 2003 there was a chart of cars that were stolen. Mostly Integras and civics, BUT for the integras they were ALL under 1999 and below... I'd like to know what real purpose does the chip inside our keys hold? is it not as easy as just pulling the starter wire and 12v? In that case i sure hope so.I wish i still had the link though so you all could see... But what i'd suggest is
http://www.blackjax.co.uk/ , it immobolizes the car for those who don't know the pin number for it. AND lojack of course, find your car wherever it is... A lot of car thieves now drop stolen cars at safe zones for 24 hours just to see if it's got lojack or not. I've got about 6 security measures for my car, so it pretty much needs to be towed but even still i can track them down with the help of lojack. I dare any fool to try and take my car.
fRISCOVGUY21
New ITRCA Member

Post by fRISCOVGUY21 »

What the hell is that blackjax about? My clifford alarm does that. Looks like only for carjacking man. Just remember to lock your doors. Now, that Ravelco, that looks like something. How'd you hear about it Semar? Say's it from the Northeast US. I've just realized that the Powerlock doesn't even tell you exactly what it does, so I emailed them and asked a few vital questions about it. But the Ravelco actually tells you what it does, disabling certain components and such and running through the stock wireharness with all sorts of BLACK wires..hehe...pretty damn clever. Hey Knowledge, can keep us up to date with your new installation: customer qualities, timing, effectiveness,etc. I'm thinking about getting it too, after I do a bit more research on different anti-theft systems out there and getting that reply from Powerlock.

About the removing the ECU idea. Wouldn't be a better idea to trace the powerwire going to the ECU and creating a switch for it somewhere in your car? Then creating like 3 different switch for that one connection so that you decrease your risk of accidently turning off the ecu in the middle of the road, you'll have to turn off 3 switches to turn on and off the ecu. Yall think there's any other potential risks involved?
dc2quick
New ITRCA Member

Post by dc2quick »

as you notice the guy entered a pin number before he took off... if say someone jumps in your car and tries to take off without putting the pin number it'll shut down the car at a safe distance and blare the alarm.... Even if your car was opened during operation you'd need to put the pin..
knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

Frisco I will keep you all up to date on it! It wont happen for about 2 months though.
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
cxSHOE
ITRCA Member

Post by cxSHOE »

boot it. and forget it
koji126
New ITRCA Member

Post by koji126 »

cxSHOE wrote:boot it. and forget it
How long does it take to put that boot on and take it off?
cxSHOE
ITRCA Member

Post by cxSHOE »

koji126 wrote:
How long does it take to put that boot on and take it off?

less than a minute on and off.
B-money
New ITRCA Member

Post by B-money »

knowledge wrote:Frisco I will keep you all up to date on it! It wont happen for about 2 months though.
so have you installed it yet?
knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

No I have only been back in Cali for about 2 weeks now. I haven't had time because of work to get it installed. I promise to keep you updated though when I install it. :D
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
cltitus
New ITRCA Member

Post by cltitus »

east theft protection

quick release steering wheel
fuel/fuel pump cut off
ecu kill switch

i been looking for damn wheel lock but i cant find out
97 TypeR

Crower Head/Bottom End
MSD Ignition
AEM Fuel Rail/Regulator
JG Edelbrock Fuel Lines
RC 440CC Ijectors
Rev Hard Stg 3
jeremy
New ITRCA Member

Post by jeremy »

don't keep us updated...that's how it gets stolen :shock:
NewITRuser
New ITRCA Member

Post by NewITRuser »

Lo Jack?
nholmes
New ITRCA Member

Post by nholmes »

:mrgreen:
Bullet Tooth Tony
New ITRCA Member

Post by Bullet Tooth Tony »

thought i should bump this thread, seeing that im going to be a future R owner, and for the other to take note.
SuckMyDOHC
New ITRCA Member

Post by SuckMyDOHC »

Compustar two way alarm, TWO autolocs, one club, LoJack, and of course my garage. Theres other little things I have but I can't mention it all. I plan on buying a boot/wheel lock in the near future too
NBP 01-0902
GBP 94' LS
zzdragonzz
New ITRCA Member

Re: TYPE R THEFT PREVENTION IDEAS...

Post by zzdragonzz »

Two sirens, one hidden on the outside, and one in the inside....tucked away alarm brain, kill switches....and my most favorite is GPS tracking where you can track your car anytime and it gives you pin point location where you car is located.

a glock is also a good security system too, but don't forget the laser pointer for pin point accuracy.

Thieves should all die or burned in a barrel of gasoline.
Outrun
New ITRCA Member

Post by Outrun »

Driveway Patrol makes a good layer in a layered security system.
"Who killed Vincent Chin? Was it them? Was it us, not giving enough of a f*** to stand up?"
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

3 year old thread :lol:
swed