realiability

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ricky1969
New ITRCA Member

realiability

Post by ricky1969 »

I know this may seem like a foolish question considering it is a Honda. However, a lot of the ones I have been looked at recently had some problems. Of, course I thought this was because of racing/X-cross history.
So, basically my question is this. If I buy one of these cars and it has not had a history of racing could I expect to get a lot of years from the car as a daily car?
Someone please let me know. I want to close a deal on a 98 that I found. Basically, the engine was rebuilt and it runs super strong.

Have a great day. Late.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Regardless of history, provided that there were no internal modifications to the car, and nothing major externally, you should have a very long life out of the car. These cars were built with road racing and auto-x in mind, in everything from the donut oil cooler to the suspension setup, the ITR was truly a race inspired car, and in that spirit, it was made to handle an incredible amount of "wear and tear" I guess you could call it...The only times I've ever seen them break, is from misuse or modification. Otherwise, I'd say you're ok...

Goodl uck,
Aj