WTB: OEM or OEM-style 1994-1997 foglights

For Sale / Wanted
Outrun
New ITRCA Member

WTB: OEM or OEM-style 1994-1997 foglights

Post by Outrun »

The local Acura dealer says that the OEM foglights are discontinued.

I tried looking for some Pilot PL-123Cs and all the online stores have them as out of stock.

Anyone here selling a good condition used set of OEM or OEM-style fogs? Or know of any place selling them?
"Who killed Vincent Chin? Was it them? Was it us, not giving enough of a f*** to stand up?"
Outrun
New ITRCA Member

Re: WTB: OEM or OEM-style 1994-1997 foglights

Post by Outrun »

Still looking. Also, where is the USDM foglight switch mounted? The rectangular blank below the driver's side vent? The blank circular piece to the left of the steering column (opposite of the dimmer)? One of the blanks by the parking brake?
"Who killed Vincent Chin? Was it them? Was it us, not giving enough of a f*** to stand up?"
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Outrun wrote: where is the USDM foglight switch mounted?
you guessed it...
Outrun wrote: One of the blanks by the parking brake
swed
Outrun
New ITRCA Member

Post by Outrun »

Thanks. I've seen a bunch of so called "OEM-style" kits on ebay and they all have different switches and mismatched descriptions (94-01 fogs or 98-01 fogs, but 94-97 fogs are shown).
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

well there is no set rule for mounting the switch...
swed
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

IMO, I'd recommend going with the "JDM" foglight switch. It's a round button that installs where the cruise control button would be. Why American Honda decided to put ours under the armrest makes no sense to me. :shrug:
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
blueintegraboy
ITRCA Member

Post by blueintegraboy »

Doespike wrote:IMO, I'd recommend going with the "JDM" foglight switch. It's a round button that installs where the cruise control button would be. Why American Honda decided to put ours under the armrest makes no sense to me. :shrug:
Because they had to make the kits universal between all trims. All other trims besides the RS had the cruise control button.

And I second this option. I did it on my R. I used the USDM harness and spliced the JDM plug to use the JDM switch. Matches beautifully with the dash.
98-0425