Busted in Toronto

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
cronic
New ITRCA Member

Busted in Toronto

Post by cronic »

Hey there has been a lot of heat on the streets lately regarding modifications to cars. I have heard about guys getting pulled over and the cops demanding that their mufflers and intakes be removed and truned back to stock. Does anyone know about any of this? Is this legal? Can the cops really do this?
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

Don't know whats up in TO, but in different townships in and around MTL, they are doing all kinds of shit.
All that I can say is that most antics are not fair but we you are being stopped , the only law is his....its up to you to fight it after...and that sucks.
Bowdwn
ITRCA Member

Post by Bowdwn »

nothing in Highway Traffic Act about intakes so thats a BS charge...plead not guilty and let cop give evidence to why he laid the charge...Smog Patrol usually looks for charcoal canister, no cat...muffler is a coin toss depends on the judge....
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

In Quebec, according to the Code de la Route, they state that a car may not be modified in any way with any part that was no OE certified....
If you take this to the extreme.........if your car came with 13'' rims....14 are illegal........any muffler is illegal.......stickers....light bulbs etc.......obviously some cops have a head and interpet this better than it was written, however it leaves the door wide open for asshole cops to exxagerate...........what can i say?
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

yep and my friend even was told to remove is neuspeed liscence plate frame in mtl cuz you couldnt read JE ME SOUVIENS on it... and i know another guy who had a fake europeen plate on his front bumper and the cops told him, your not from germany, you have no business putting that on your car, take that shit off right away... on the spot...
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870