Anyone know how to adjust the headlghts?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
typeruz
New ITRCA Member

Anyone know how to adjust the headlghts?

Post by typeruz »

I know there are two screw-type knobs on each headlight that adjust the vertical and the horizontal. But before i go at it, i want to make sure which knob does what. I'm looking to increase the height of the left headlight. It shines too low compared to the right.

thanks!!!
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

You use a philips head screw driver, just insert it where it through the little plastic slots, make sure it's a large philips, otherwise you'll just succeed in striping it out. I don't exactly remember which direction to turn it or which one it is, but just do it at night against a flat wall, and you'll be able to see it move ever so slightly. Either way, just remember that your left side is supposed to be a tad bit lower than the right light...on a wall from about 6 feet, it should be about an inch lower give or take some. Either way, don't make your lights too high, otherwise it'll look like you have your high beams on all the time.

Hope that helps,
Aj
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Your owners manual also shows you how to.
YellowDragon279
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowDragon279 »

On an Integra the outter adjustment moves the light left and right there is a little black housed indicator with a red 0 in the middle and lines on either side. The inner adjustment a bit harder to see but that one moves the light up and down. there is a level on the top of the light that will indicate the pitch. I don't know what they are supposed to be set at but I just tweaked it several times till I got it to where I was comfortable.
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
Reid
ITRCA Member

Re: Anyone know how to adjust the headlghts?

Post by Reid »

typeruz wrote:It shines too low compared to the right.
Based on what?

If you the headlights have NEVER been adjusted, leave them alone.

The driver's side light is supposed to be lower so as not to bling oncoming traffic.
YellowDragon279
ITRCA Member

Re: Anyone know how to adjust the headlghts?

Post by YellowDragon279 »

[quote="ReidThe driver's side light is supposed to be lower so as not to bling oncoming traffic.[/quote]

Makes Sense
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday