New to TypeR's

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Re: New to TypeR's

Post by Erik95LS »

also look at Team Dynamics. The Pro Race 1 or 1.2. Great wheels; strong, light, and cheap.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

the rota 15x7.5 5x114.3 is what I want.

will a +40 offset work?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Should, Keep in mind the suspension would have to be adjusted to maximize tire use/wear and allow.
swed
BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

it would work? i mean yeah i could adjust camber and what. I just dont want the wheel stickin out of the wheel well. thats what the offset is going to do. hell it could rub on the brake calipers.

anybody know if a +40 offset would work?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Should...
I don't have first hand experience with this: But I've heard 15X7 +38 offset on Type Rs works. But depending on the size of the tire it might rub on the suspension.
swed
BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

Im really liking those team dynamic wheels. the pro 1.2 in black look awesome. know how i can get some?
engsr
New ITRCA Member

Post by engsr »

BoostedBB6 wrote:the rota 15x7.5 5x114.3 is what I want.

will a +40 offset work?
A buddy uses that set-up on his GS-R but he has to use spacers front and back. He also uses 225/45 R15s. There are no rubbing issues as long as he uses the spacers.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

will a +40 offset work?
Ive got some for sale if you havent them yet. Send me a PM if interested.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

I "might" have a set of Kosei K1's in 15x7 FS...

HOWEVER, it would only be sold with the Azenis's on there, and I would have to be able to purchase a set of Rota Slips in 16x7 to replace them with. I'll never go to a track without a backup set of rims/tires.

Anyone know if Rota still makes the Slips, in black, in 16x7? If so, I might part with my K1's.

(not to undercut Sean though, he mentioned his FS first, and on this page you said slips, just haven't been on here in a while and read you wanted the K1's first)
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Dave_B wrote:I "might" have a set of Kosei K1's in 15x7 FS...
oooooo, damn yoo so faa away :!: :P

I'm sure you can still get the Slips you want....that's a popular size for them.....and those are like the most popular Rotas....just a matter if they have 5-lug in stock here. I bought my Konigs from JLB motorsports over there on that crappy site. The customer service was great IMO....give em a call.

<--also likes those Team Dynamics
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Bbasso wrote:Should...
I don't have first hand experience with this: But I've heard 15X7 +38 offset on Type Rs works. But depending on the size of the tire it might rub on the suspension.
aren't your K1s +38? Mine are and no rubbing except for being very close on my non-rolled rear fenders.
BoostedBB6 wrote:Im really liking those team dynamic wheels. the pro 1.2 in black look awesome. know how i can get some?
Just search. There are a few places that sell them.
get RIGHT wrote:

will a +40 offset work?
Ive got some for sale if you havent them yet. Send me a PM if interested.
you have 15x7.5 slips for sale?
-Erik

Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Erik95LS wrote:
aren't your K1s +38?
I got the good ones, +43 offset ;)
swed
BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

I think I might get 16'' or 17''s since it will reduce sidewall roll.
ScottBell
New ITRCA Member

Post by ScottBell »

BoostedBB6 wrote:Im really liking those team dynamic wheels. the pro 1.2 in black look awesome. know how i can get some?
http://www.teamilluminata.com/Shop/Team ... namics.htm

very easy to deal with.
ScottBell
New ITRCA Member

Post by ScottBell »

There are some hard core road racers on this forum. They might not check in that often.

The first and best piece of advise I can give you is to buy a built car complete with log book and annual tech. You will save THOUSANDS of dollars over building a car from scratch. If you have raced much at all you know this is the way to go. I know there are a few built ITRs out there.

You need to consider how competative you want to be in SCCA ITR. The general thinking is the Type-R will not be competative in the "big" IT races. What SCCA division are you running?

How active is NASA in your area? I saw you mentioned Honda Challenge. When you look at those rules, remember H3 is a non-class. No one runs it. Which is not to say that we couldn't get a group together to run National's one year.

You have some laps up on my-laps? I'd want to see some lap times before I make any setup recomendations.
BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

I appreciate your advice. I do realize its the more cost effective way to build a race car is by buying a seasoned car. I believe half the fun of racing is BUILDING what you've come to abuse when it comes to track day and race day. Im going to take my time and build it they way I want it speced. I've learned a couple thing from racing IT for years about what to do to build the 'best' car. ITR does not have that many contestants yet. Ive seen anywhere from 3-5 guys racing per race. I belive that is due to how new the class is. I've taken more notice into Honda Challenge because of the high level of competition and high volume of racers. After reading the rules in H2, i like the fact that we can max out the brakes and do a slightly modded motor (IM and cams). My plan is to just run the typeR valvetrain with a performance intake manifold (can decide whats proven eledbrock, blox, skunk2). In ITR (SCCA) you can run forged OEM speced pistons .040 overbore. Im trying to find out whether i can run forged in H2 as long as its OEM speced. I also like that we can run 11.6 compression in H2 as opposed to 11.1 comp in ITR.
ScottBell
New ITRCA Member

Post by ScottBell »

You have to run a stock intake maifold in Improved Touring.

To answer your wheel question you need a 7" wheel. Not much more will fit under the fender. To run a 225/45 tire you need a +43 offset to clear the rear trailing arm. Much less offset is going to cause rubbing issues on the outside.

PM me when you get the cage in the shell and your motor built. I'll be glad to share what I learn as I continue to develop my car next year.
BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

yeah in IT stock mani but in H2 you can run whatever. Im going to run a 7'' wheel to be able to race both honda challenge and ITR. yeah I will keep everyone posted on my build progress
BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

coilover selection:

PIC Selects 14/18k 8 way adj.

or

Skunk2 Pro-C's 12/14k 12 way adj.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Is that a question?
swed
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Bbasso wrote:Is that a question?
I don't know, but I'd definitely take the PICs over the skunk2s for a number of reasons, including spring rates.
-Erik

BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

yeah i meant for that to be a question. anybody have first hand experience with Pro-C's. Sounds like everyone sleeps tight with their PICs every night haha. (theres nothing wrong with that!) just wanted some technical reviews. Yes, is a 14/18k spring rate going to be a hell of a lot noticable than a 12/14k on the track? (i think i know this answer)
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

What rear sway bar do you plan on running?
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
BoostedBB6
New ITRCA Member

Post by BoostedBB6 »

I was looking at the ASR 32mm. Then I thought about going custom. having a piece of roll bar tubing with a really adjustable bar with custom endlinks running through it. Let me know if you need a picture of what I mean
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

let me get this striaght...
you want high spring rates & a stiff rsb and yet to drive a any type R on track yet?
swed