what do you use to clean brake dust?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

what do you use to clean brake dust?

Post by ohio_itr »

in all your years of cleaning, what have you guys found to be the best to clean brake dust from your wheels? thanks
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: what do you use to clean brake dust?

Post by Bbasso »

depends on the brake pads... But Simple Green does fine with most cleaning. Since my wheels are still new I just use windex ;)
If have pads that are very aggressive then you might have to use a acid based cleaner or spend the time with clay.
swed
ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by ohio_itr »

well i took my car to a shop and they changed my wheel bearing,and somehow miraculously forgot to tighten the axle nut all the way and secure it that it backed off till about a quarter way off (my wheel looked like it was at a 45 degree camber) so i have a metal shavings embedded into my wheel.....do you know what to do from here???? :x
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

get them to pay for all the damage and the cleaning bill. Then go somewhere else.
got a picture of the wheel with the metal on it?
swed
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Bbasso wrote:get them to pay for all the damage and the cleaning bill. Then go somewhere else.
got a picture of the wheel with the metal on it?
x2.