1998 ITR - Vin Number locations

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
prometheusching
New ITRCA Member

1998 ITR - Vin Number locations

Post by prometheusching »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering where can I locate all the vin numbers for a 1998 Integra Type R. To my understanding, there is one on the dash, firewall, both fenders, hood, transmission, both door jams and rear bumper.

Is there a vin number located on the short block somewhere? If so, where is it located? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: 1998 ITR - Vin Number locations

Post by Doespike »

prometheusching wrote: dash, firewall, both fenders, hood, transmission, both door jams and rear bumper.
Plus both doors, front bumper, rear hatch, short block (on front leading surface of bottom of block hidden behind header (a green metal tag like on the tranny)).
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: 1998 ITR - Vin Number locations

Post by Bbasso »

prometheusching wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering where can I locate all the vin numbers for a 1998 Integra Type R. To my understanding, there is one on the dash, firewall, both fenders, hood, transmission, both door jams and rear bumper.

Is there a vin number located on the short block somewhere? If so, where is it located? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Actually every (major) part has a VIN, as for the motor... It's under the dip stick tube just above the oil pan.
swed