Apexi N1 catback

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SamTEC
New ITRCA Member

Apexi N1 catback

Post by SamTEC »

I recently installed an apexi n1 catback exhaust and it seems to be rubbing the lower control arm. It dosent seem to fit exactly how I had hoped...I got it off a friend and it already had a catalytic converter on it. I think it is a jdm length cat, but I'm not sure. Any advice would be of great help.

Ouch!

jdm cat?

Driven by passion.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: Apexi N1 catback

Post by Bbasso »

wow that hangs low...
I suspect it's not the right one for the car, have you tried the other hangers in the rear to get it higher?
Deffinately should not be rubbing. make sure your bushings are not getting killed by heat and abrassion.
Hard to tell if that is the JDM cat, I have one sitting in my garage but it has the heat shields still on it.

In this picture is my BuddyClubIII, it hangs low. but nothing llike yours. I'd condisider taking the time to get it to fit right. or just put your previous setup back on. http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_imag ... _large.jpg
swed
SamTEC
New ITRCA Member

Re: Apexi N1 catback

Post by SamTEC »

Yeah I've tried putting it on the higher hangers, but the tip touches my bumper and it would end up burning it. I think if I just switch out the cat with a longer test pipe, it might fit better...i plan to get a header and test pipe soon anyway
Driven by passion.