for a 250 or more whp n/a 01 type r what brand parts?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
00civicsiturbo7psi
New ITRCA Member

for a 250 or more whp n/a 01 type r what brand parts?

Post by 00civicsiturbo7psi »

okay heres the deal. i was thinking of spending 5,000-6,000 on a turbo setup on a stock 01 type r. but after investgating threads from honda-tech here and other websites i found that a n/a engine is a better build for a type r. my last couple of cars have been turbo. ex 1989 rx7, 1986 supra, and last of all my 00 civic si. so in reality im really not sure how to invest my money into a type r to produce 250+whp. it might even take more money than i was going to spend on my t3/t4 turbo setup. well on the integra type r everyone seems to be buying toda, mugen, spoon and other foriegn car brands. so i kinda ruled out some brands. well i was looking at the basics of a natural aspiarated engine:
intake
header
exhaust
cams
fuel rail
injectors
pulley kits
unorthodox pulley
valves
retainers

well what brands of each should i look at? whats the best brands of each? what other parts, not on my list would i need? who can help me build a n/a engine setup to put down 250+whp in a 00 type r. all im doing to this car will be all go and maybe a little show down the road with a jdm conversion. also what about skunk 2 parts? well please help me spend my money wisley on such a perfect car. thanks in advance.
AcAttack
New ITRCA Member

Post by AcAttack »

1 of the biggest power gains you'll get if your going all motor is to bump the compression up....alot :D And for all the companys you named, those are very good companys that make performance stuff for the ITR.
AcAttack
96' GS-R (RIP)
98' ITR #98-0358 (sold) Miss it soooo much
92' 240SX SE (FOR SALE!!)
I need another 98'!!!

IPS Racing

Northeast Auto Design
Napolean Solo
New ITRCA Member

Post by Napolean Solo »

250+ horsepower on an NA ITR sounds a little far-fetched.

i think it would cost a hell of a lot of money even if it could be done.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Anything over 200 will start to have reliablity issues/ streetable.

Do you understand what 250 whp will cost you?
swed
00civicsiturbo7psi
New ITRCA Member

well i got 6,000 that i was going to spend on a drag 3 t3/t4 setup. that would get me where i want to be. so n/a is going to be more than 6,000 to get 80whp out of a stock type r which runs 170whp? if you cant get 80whp for 6,000 or under in n/a setup its not worth my time and ill go back to being boosted again. i just wanted to get a rough idea on parts and a setup that could net me this goal.
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

:?
Last edited by paul98itr on January 12th, 2003, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Go turbo...
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I think 225 for 6000 would be lucky.
Drakef505
New ITRCA Member

Post by Drakef505 »

What is a JUN motor, and how much hp does it have stock, and how much do they cost?
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Good Luck!!

Post by Aj »

I'd say for that amount of money you'll be lacking, in order to get that kinda power, your gonna need some very pricey parts, figure, a grand for headers, 2500 for individual TBs, at least a grand for a stand alone, another 2K at least for internals, and thats not even close to all your gonna need, not to mention, that's not including labor, or the hours and hours that you'll need on the dyno. For six grand, you can either get a really sick all motor setup thats pushing like 220-235 to the wheels, or get a nice turbo kit for that same amount, and be pushing like 400+ for the same amount.

By the way: paul98itr
Just out of sheer curiosity, what exactly do you have done to your car, because some of that fastest all motor Hondas in the world are pushing the kind of numbers you are. Must be pretty sick, must say, I'm quite jealous!!!!

Aj
pae
New ITRCA Member

Post by pae »

If you want to spend your money wisely, don't buy car parts. I've never seen them appreciate in value (except for maybe MB 300SL parts, or some Ferrari parts). I would recommend 25% Cash, 40% Equities, and the rest in Stocks. Now is a great time to buy.

P.
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Last edited by paul98itr on January 12th, 2003, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
YelLowITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by YelLowITR »

as i experienced, NA cars don't need as much hp as turbo, but still can get the same resource
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

reasoning....

Post by Aj »

The reason why NA cars dont need as much horse power, is beucase they tend to hook up in lower gears, and will often be able to actually effectively put more actual horsepower to the ground on street tires without breaking them loose. NA cars tend to have a lot less torque, and for that reason dont tend to break the tires loose nearly as easily.

Another reason all motor cars tend not to need as much HP, is that they have a better rev range, where turbo cars and supercharged cars are generaly running out of steem, NA cars are still pushing strong.

HP is HP at the end of the day, it just all depends on how you use it.

Later!
Aj
TyPeRChArGeR
New ITRCA Member

Post by TyPeRChArGeR »

paul98itr wrote:My car is the jdm type r completley built full road race. I dont drive around with it tuned like that cause the engine would blow, but that is I believe it's optimal power. It is a complete jun engine from jun in japan. To learn more about it check out their site.(it does have the english option so you dont need japanese text)
http://www.junauto.co.jp
It is expensieve but the engine comes with like 225hp or something then if you find the right parts and right tuners, you can get more. I am getting a digital camera soon so maybe I'll be able to post picks if I figure out how. I dont really want a lot of attention for this car because I don't believe material possesions like this should be the reason people are interested in you. Maybe that is why I am so fortunate to have all this.
Another cool thing I have on this car is the spoon tranny which is hard to get. It has close gear ratios and a customizable final drive. Shifting through the gears is like taking a razor blade through butter. I live in Wisconsin so I was able to register it to drive on the streets(no insp.) sweet huh?

O ya, it's nothing to be jealous of, like I said, just a material item.
Hey Paul what does your ITR clock on the 1/4 mile?
Airbag
New ITRCA Member

Post by Airbag »

how many r's are in wisconsin? I'm hoping to have a meet in milwaukee. it seems like i am the only one driving one because I never see them. I do agree with you it's only a car but it's fun just talking about them. Gives people something to talk about. Where do you go to school?
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Last edited by paul98itr on January 12th, 2003, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
TyPeRChArGeR
New ITRCA Member

Post by TyPeRChArGeR »

OIC thats kool, I would imagine it would be hella fast though
alex b
New ITRCA Member

Post by alex b »

check out this month's issue of Turbo. it has an all motor integra with a shit load of parts from toda. with 13:3 compression ( if i recall correctly) its managed 242 whp. i think he runs consistent 12.3x

just a question, but why are you stuck on 250 for a goal? how fast are you trying to be? and what are you builing it for? 1/4? auto-x?
00civicsiturbo7psi
New ITRCA Member

im building for a 1/4 mile. my 00 civic si lays down 258 to the wheels. but that is boasted with a turbo. i wanted to go same route but all motor with a type r.
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Last edited by paul98itr on January 12th, 2003, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Hey, airbag.
Have you ever been to blackhawk farms? :?
Last edited by paul98itr on January 12th, 2003, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

In addition to you wisconsin folks, there's three other R's that I know of from Honda-Tech... not sure if they have registered here yet. A '97, '98 and black '00. Who said cheeseheads don't like rice? :wink:

You'd have to spend big BIG cash to get 250whp. As aj said, an n/a car tends to use its power more effectively and across a wider powerband, so you might not need the same hp you would be looking for out of a turbo. Just a list of some of the things you would need to get about 225whp:

1. standalone
2. header/cat/exhaust
3. intake .... or eve better: ITB's (individual throttle bodies)
4. internals (cams, springs, retainers, etc to allow you to rev a bit higher and make more power)
5. clutch/flywheel
much more...

If you are all about reaching a certain whp number, turbo may be the way to go. All motor can get very expensive and have some reliability issues once you start getting up there with power.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

paul98itr wrote:I have 40-50k in my type r
40-50K, what the hell do you have done?????

I hope they came home and did your laundry, after screwing you like that.

Later!
Airbag
New ITRCA Member

Post by Airbag »

Paul98itr, no I haven't gone to that place, what is it? I recently bought my r, like 4 months ago. I finally saw another r in wi. I was driving to school and some girl had one..pretty cool. I wish we could have a meet of wisconsin, itrs only..it would be a blast just chating about..type-rs. :P
by the way, how fast is your r...what mods have you accomplished? Is the exterior stock?