RSX Type R...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

RSX Type R...

Post by snookerblack7 »

Has anybody out there imported the new RSX Type R from Japan or seen any?? I know that would be crazy expensive to do that but somebody out there must have... I guess it will never be sold over here as a USDM model...
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

There are a couple little shops down here in South Florida that have...I know Evolution imports down here has imported like a half dozen non-chopped CTR's, and although I'm not sure, I think they also brought a DC5-R or two. Next time I'm donw in the Miami area, I'll try and get some shots or video of the one or two I've seen...on a side note...they're not that much cooler than the RSX-S here, just Brembo brakes and a cool interior...The black headlights, wing and oem body kit are already played out down here believe it or not...

Later,
Aj
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Sounds good! Thanks!
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

Aj wrote:There are a couple little shops down here in South Florida that have...I know Evolution imports down here has imported like a half dozen non-chopped CTR's, and although I'm not sure, I think they also brought a DC5-R or two. Next time I'm donw in the Miami area, I'll try and get some shots or video of the one or two I've seen...on a side note...they're not that much cooler than the RSX-S here, just Brembo brakes and a cool interior...The black headlights, wing and oem body kit are already played out down here believe it or not...

Later,
Aj
I am going to have to disagree about your last statement. The Integra (RSX) Type R is a vast improvement over the RSX-S. Thats like saying the ITR isnt much cooler than a GSR.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

[quote="ITR862
I am going to have to disagree about your last statement. The Integra (RSX) Type R is a vast improvement over the RSX-S. Thats like saying the ITR isnt much cooler than a GSR.[/quote]

The DC5 ITR is sold in a variety of guises. The Ozzie DC5 ITR actually has the 200 HP RSX-S motor, for example. :)

This confuses people, sometimes.

Also, since the DC5 is such a solid chassis to begin with, the body doesn't have to be expensively modified like the DC2 had to be to make that an ITR.

There are huge differences in things like wheels, suspension, brakes between the DC5 RSX and the DC5 ITR, but there are still fewer differences between the DC5 RSX and the DC5 ITR than there are between the DC2 GS-R and the DC2 ITR.

Did that come out right? LOL...
ballsoutracecar
New ITRCA Member

Post by ballsoutracecar »

JDM DC5 ITR also has a much better power plant than the RSX or Aussie DC5 ITR.

The aussie DC5 ITR has the same motor as the RSX in the US does. In OZ we work with KW and I know our DC5 ITR gets 147KW while JDM DC5 ITR gets 162 KW.

so cosmetics and brakes are not the only difference.

The RSX and Aussie DC5 ITR are in my eyes the new GSR.

This is why i bought a new DC2 ITR, i knew i was getting the real thing.