Post Your Tuning Tips

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post Your Tuning Tips

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

What are your tuning stratagies? Where do you start? What do you adjust first? I know you begin with everything set at factory spec.

Post up your tuned numbers and whats done to your motor? What are your settings set at (Fuel Pressure, Cam Gear Settings, Distributor Timings, VTEC engaugement, etc..)? What tuning devices do you personally use (V-AFC, Hondata, ECU swap, etc..)?

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

tuning

Post by Jan Niemi »

I think the best tuning for me is done at the dragstrip, when I MPH high, I know I'm making power. Stock distributor timing (static), the ignition timing is at the will of the vafc (don't like it but all I can afford right now)
I like to have real-world results for my tuning efforts, dyno numbers don't mean that you have a fast car. Refer to USCC ITR making 380whp, running 13s.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Re: Post Your Tuning Tips

Post by B2FiNiTY »

First, you can start with ignition timing. Play with the distributer and see what the car likes.

Next, even out the a/f ratio.

Then play with the cam gears.

vtec adjustment

Rinse and repeat.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Hondata actually suggests set the AFR then do Timing.

Then cam gears.

I really suggest checking these out.

http://www.itrca.com/FAQ/tuning/