New here, hopefully to stay?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SaskCRX
New ITRCA Member

New here, hopefully to stay?

Post by SaskCRX »

Hey everyone! I would first off like to say I DON'T own an integra :( I have a 1991 Honda CRX Si with a B18C5 swap which me, my father and our shops mechanic recently finished. I've looked everywhere on ways to enhance this motor and no one can help me so i came here. If you prefer i disband "The source for all that is INTEGRA Type R" I fully understand but i would love to be apart of this community. Can you guys help me out? :)
SaskCRX
New ITRCA Member

Re: New here, hopefully to stay?

Post by SaskCRX »

Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

start by enhancing the motor by getting the groundstrap in the right place. :wink:
swed
SaskCRX
New ITRCA Member

Post by SaskCRX »

Haha ok small things like that im not sure on. Im 19 but will this site help me? Or is this a dead end for the ITR CRX?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

for most of your questions use the search, there is plenty of info here.
swed
ITRaddict
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRaddict »

use search ...or stay on 306 with your itr stepchild ...lol....you have never once asked me anything and i have owned 2 itr's for over 6 years..iimnotjdm of 306
SaskCRX
New ITRCA Member

Post by SaskCRX »

Haha that's because you scare me! After that me wanting to buy your turbo setup then you flipping about how crazy it is. I don't doubt its crazy! Come to melfort and tell me all the good things to do!
ITRaddict
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRaddict »

as long as your not opening up the motor its pretty simple..
get a quality header..most will recomend a hitech unit or toda , or the jdm oem itr ...and a quality intake ..many preach mugen but there are a ton of threads on wich ones are proven on our motors..just take a look at some of the setups the guys on here are running and decide what works for you!..
SaskCRX
New ITRCA Member

Post by SaskCRX »

Will do! Clear one thing up for me though, its an integra type R motor from japan. It says B18C on it. Is it technically called a "B18C5" or is there some other name for it? I have an AEM hybrid intake to fit the ITR in the CRX, Header is stock and its got 2.5 inch exhaust but thats it. And its OBD2 haha dunno why.
SHG_EasyE
New ITRCA Member

Post by SHG_EasyE »

A good header with a 2.5 inch collector (Hytech, SMSP, Toda, etc) will do wonders for your motor. You're already on the right track with the AEM intake, although not so visually appealing they make great numbers.

Is this a sleeper build? I noticed the oem wheels and thought it was very cool if the car was just clean and stock on the outside, with a powerhouse under the hood. :)
-Eagerly awaiting the Phoenix Yellow love of my life.