Expo 11 - Possible Event Location

ITR Expo 11 Information

Moderator: White Dragon

White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Re: Expo 11 - Possible Event Location

Post by White Dragon »

I know your email wasn't targeted towards me, but I do represent the committee and I can answer your last question of what you can do to help:
- Tell fellow enthusiasts about the event and help get the word out - some people need to be pulled along
- Start thinking of potential instructors that could help if you know of any, as they are very critical to the success of the event
- If/when registration open, pay ASAP and encourage others to pay ASAP as well
- Team up with other committed individuals and build a critical mass and entice people to come join in the festivities
- Don't react to negative comments :)
- Let me or other Expo Committee members know of any helpful hints that might enable the planning to go smoother
- Brainstorm ideas on ways to make the event more attractive
- Forward any ideas on potential sponsors that we could get on board to help support the event.
- Post pictures of hot CA women! :P

I am sure there are some others, but these things help a lot.
IntegraTionR
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegraTionR »

White Dragon wrote:I know your email wasn't targeted towards me, but I do represent the committee and I can answer your last question of what you can do to help:
- Tell fellow enthusiasts about the event and help get the word out - some people need to be pulled along
- Start thinking of potential instructors that could help if you know of any, as they are very critical to the success of the event
- If/when registration open, pay ASAP and encourage others to pay ASAP as well
- Team up with other committed individuals and build a critical mass and entice people to come join in the festivities
- Don't react to negative comments :)
- Let me or other Expo Committee members know of any helpful hints that might enable the planning to go smoother
- Brainstorm ideas on ways to make the event more attractive
- Forward any ideas on potential sponsors that we could get on board to help support the event.
- Post pictures of hot CA women! :P

I am sure there are some others, but these things help a lot.
Wes,
I appreciate the clear points and your diplomacy is highly valued.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

JReyes wrote:Kimo,
remember that we're all on the same team here. lets keep the focus on making E11 the best it can be.
absolutely.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

1,555mi, 23hrs 24mins.

So, do we out of staters need to worry about getting our cars inpounded for loud exhausts or having non CARB parts on our vehicles?

I hope things work out on my end so I could even consider a trip like this. It'd be great to see Mike, and Yoshi again and to meet Kahuna, Kepani and the other OGs.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

IntegraTionR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:No. you're still completely and utterly missing the point.
Now that I've expressed my understanding of your post Erik, could you please then explain to me what you meant in your initial post yesterday?

You have stated: "I really do think a west coast expo at this time will really slow down and lead the core of the group to begin to forget about it."

Please emphasize on that, as I don't understand your logic behind what makes you think that it will slow down the momentum.
Are you implying that "the core of the group" will loose faith if it fails? And who is "the core of the group"???
Because I surely don't want that to happen as with the rest of us. Which I feel pressured to put out. Like as if I have something to prove in order to keep "the core of the group" happy.

You can't say that I've contributed to any shortcoming of any Expo's, but I can't say I've put in work either.
So if you're part of the committee, show me clear instructions on what you would like to see from me instead of setting me up for failure.

let's not drag this on, but the point of my post the other day was very simple and only positive in aim. There was a good bit of public question as to whether or not expo would continue. I was simply stating that I wasn't sure it was the best idea to take a risk (on changing the formula that we know works, not on the people of california) at this time. I would feel more certain about it if we had had several strongly growing events in a row. Last year was a huge success. Like I said, many people have been talking about that concern before I even posted so I felt it should be brought into the discussion in here rather than just one on one between a number of people. I've wanted expo to make it back out there for years and want to bring in all the new people we can to join in the fun with all those who have been going for years (bringing the community together more). I'm going regardless of where it is and would love it to exist and succeed in california. I hope that makes more sense and we can now move forward as a group as there was absolutely nothing sinister in any of my posts. Not sure why you read them that way, but I'm sorry they hit you that way.
-Erik

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Comp97GSR wrote:1,555mi, 23hrs 24mins.

So, do we out of staters need to worry about getting our cars inpounded for loud exhausts or having non CARB parts on our vehicles?

I hope things work out on my end so I could even consider a trip like this. It'd be great to see Mike, and Yoshi again and to meet Kahuna, Kepani and the other OGs.
yeah, I've been trying to get them back out since 5. Would love to hang out with them once again.
-Erik

zygspeed
New ITRCA Member

Post by zygspeed »

Looks like I'll be missing another one ...
Last edited by zygspeed on January 26th, 2011, 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Cramer, you bring up a very good point. I know a lot of folks drive to the event. How does the state of Cali look at out of state, non-CA "offences"? Most of the folks are going to have mod'd exhausts, intake, louder than XYZ db, lower than "legal in CA"

I'm not trying to point out bad things there, rather to get things in the open should the community need to be careful on the way there and back.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

If your car is registered out of the state of California then you shouldn't have problems. I never had problems bringing my IL registered R from AZ dozens of times to track in CA (testpipe at the time, 'slammed', bucket, roll bar, no SRS), and if you're registered out of state and here less than 30 days then they can't do anything with emissions.

I would not do anything in front of the California Highway Patrol though. If you see one, just look ahead, keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel and be as normal as possible.
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

KOALA YUMMIES wrote:If your car is registered out of the state of California then you shouldn't have problems. I never had problems bringing my IL registered R from AZ dozens of times to track in CA (testpipe at the time, 'slammed', bucket, roll bar, no SRS), and if you're registered out of state and here less than 30 days then they can't do anything with emissions.

I would not do anything in front of the California Highway Patrol though. If you see one, just look ahead, keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel and be as normal as possible.
Jup you only have to comply with the regs of the state the car is licensed in. (CARB for Cali cars)
LOL, "act normal yummies." :lol:
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

98 CW ITR 322 wrote:
KOALA YUMMIES wrote:If your car is registered out of the state of California then you shouldn't have problems. I never had problems bringing my IL registered R from AZ dozens of times to track in CA (testpipe at the time, 'slammed', bucket, roll bar, no SRS), and if you're registered out of state and here less than 30 days then they can't do anything with emissions.

Jup you only have to comply with the regs of the state the car is licensed in. (CARB for Cali cars)
LOL, "act normal yummies." :lol:
That still can pose an issue for anyone not using OEM SRS systems. I'm pretty sure most states wouldn't legally allow the removal of an airbag.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
YellowKahuna
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowKahuna »

some more tips

The truth about police and imports

Don't drive like a jack ass, don't do anything that will instigate an officer to pull you over.

For any reason you are pulled over respect the officer. Tell the truth. Do not upset the officer he will look for any little thing to write up a ticket.

Explain to them what your intentions are and where your going, age is also a factor (older the better)

Cops are looking for idiots who steal parts and put them on their cars. Those are the cars that get impounded.

What ever you do, don't race in the street. If you get caught there is a good chance you will lose your car right there, so no racing in the street. Big no no.
JReyes
New ITRCA Member

Post by JReyes »

[/quote]

:thumbup: Well said.

And thank you for the e-mails you've sent Jay so far.[/quote]

Your welcome and i will continue to compile info to add to what ive already sent.
i just noticed your location!
of topic but i just bought a 3 disc DVD of RAD on ebay...the best money ive ever spend.

As Kahuna said as long as you arent some dumbass kid you should have any issues. ive daily driven my R for 3 years and never had any issues.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

JReyes wrote:Your welcome and i will continue to compile info to add to what ive already sent.
of topic but i just bought a 3 disc DVD of RAD on ebay...the best money ive ever spend.
Finally we have a good topic :)

I had a laserdisc copy (the highest quality legitimate release) that I've ripped to DVD :) Have a copy of the LP too lol. Sold all my other rad stuff (movie poster, vhs copies, etc) years ago on ebay for crazy profit.. which I had kept it though.

sry for the OT :)
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
IntegraTionR
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegraTionR »

Yea, I remember when Steve (@Corner3Garage) took MikeHonda's 98 out for a stroll at the local canyon road (Ortega Hwy).

Mind you, for those who haven't seen MikeHonda's 98. It's fully caged, gutted to the bare minimum, on Takata green wheels wrapped in R compound.
And I can't remember which exhaust was on the caR at that time, and the officer pulled Steve over, told him to be careful due to careless drivers in the area and that it was a beautiful car!!!
No tickets, no nothing!

I was :shock: !!!

To reassert on the subject; as long as you're driving the way you should be on local roads, you should be fine. And having out-of-state registration is a plus!
Last edited by IntegraTionR on September 2nd, 2010, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
JReyes
New ITRCA Member

Post by JReyes »

Dave-ROR wrote:
JReyes wrote:Your welcome and i will continue to compile info to add to what ive already sent.
Finally we have a good topic :)

I had a laserdisc copy (the highest quality legitimate release) that I've ripped to DVD :) Have a copy of the LP too lol. Sold all my other rad stuff (movie poster, vhs copies, etc) years ago on ebay for crazy profit.. which I had kept it though.

sry for the OT :)
my version has
1. widescreen version
1. normal version with promo footage
1. soundtrack. it has voice overs from the movie as music intro's its pretty epic.

i'll burn a soundtrack if you want.
ITRnightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRnightrider »

From PA to SoCal, thats def a trip lol would prolly not return. All seriousness though, for me, if this were to be the location for expo 11 then it needs to be decided right way, for work purposes. I would have to plan my work vacation for that specific week which we do in Jan. And honestly i dont know if it would be worth driving, of course i would go!, but i would most likely fly and just hangout, without the caR. Im not making big bucks this would be a very expensive road trip and god forbid if the caR took a dump halfway :? I have yet to track the caR at expo and to miss another year of not driving would suck.
So just a couple opinions/scenarios of mine....
1. (if held in SoCal) the sooner the better
2. (if held in SoCal) would probably not bring caR
3. rather have expo be held in a neutral spot (MidWest)
So just a few opinions coming from the younger ITR enthusiast crowd.
"Racing a domestic is like racing in the special Olympics.
Even if you win, your still retarded."
B18CXr
ITRCA Member

Post by B18CXr »

I drove to Expo I and I'll drive to Expo 11 if on west coast.

Ed-
Met you for the first time on the Malibu Canyon run with Wizard and I'll never forget it :beer:

Ignore the dates, glossy to digital transfer...
Yack-
2002 Honda Challenge H1 Champion
Neptune, Apexi, AEM EMS certified tuner
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

JReyes wrote: of topic but i just bought a 3 disc DVD of RAD on ebay...the best money ive ever spend.
quite possibly the BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

get RIGHT wrote:
JReyes wrote: of topic but i just bought a 3 disc DVD of RAD on ebay...the best money ive ever spend.
quite possibly the BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!
Absolutely.

Check out Joe Kid on a Stingray too, it's not a movie, but a documentary but it's good. :thumbup:

Thrashin is kinda like RAD, but with skateboards and gay skater gang in leather (ok they just look gay, not "The Warriors" gay, but still).

That sentence makes them sound even mo gay :P
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Truth, Dave. Add "Gleaming the Cube" to that list. It tried to be RAD but it fell far short from it.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

and Airborne. LOL
-Erik

White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

I love this car! :) Got to ride in it at Expo 5 when Mike and Yoshi were in attendance!
Jon D
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jon D »

Who is Yoshi? He seems to take pretty grood pixoRz.
ITR #98-804
B18CXr
ITRCA Member

Post by B18CXr »

Who is Yoshi?

Watch your mouth!!
Yack-
2002 Honda Challenge H1 Champion
Neptune, Apexi, AEM EMS certified tuner