The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

nah, just up late. What time is it there? I forget the difference and I'm too lazy to look. 2:20am here
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

8:20am when you posted that :)
cheezthis:- Last year was much calmer compared to previous years.

AssPenny:-
That was because I wasn't there :P
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

tartje wrote:8:20am when you posted that :)
wierd. I could've sworn england was more than 4 hours difference from the east coast. Oh well.
-Erik

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

and with that i think I may head to bed. Good morning dude.
-Erik

tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

it is, probably because i made a fuck up and it was really 9:20 :lol: :oops:

sleep well :)
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Morning all.

Fanny boy, when you get a moment, could you break down the OEM proper, correct way the JDM lights/sidemarkers work. Thanks a ton. :D

And how is everyone else doing? I'll have pics from the trip up tonight, along with a short vid of me on track at CMP. :shock: It's about time, no?
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Morning all.

Fanny boy, when you get a moment, could you break down the OEM proper, correct way the JDM lights/sidemarkers work. Thanks a ton. :D

And how is everyone else doing? I'll have pics from the trip up tonight, along with a short vid of me on track at CMP. :shock: It's about time, no?

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Dave_B wrote:Morning all.

pfft, we'll see about that.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

walker111 wrote:

I'll throw rocks in someones absense...

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Dave_B wrote:
walker111 wrote:

I'll throw rocks in someones absense...
Just like when someone else threw them, they didnt hurt.
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

Fanny boy, when you get a moment, could you break down the OEM proper, correct way the JDM lights/sidemarkers work. Thanks a ton. :D?

reet!

first click on the stalk switch brings up the sidelights (what i believe you cunts call city lights), front and rear.

second click brings on y0 mad tyte JDM y0 HID's, rear lights are the same as with the first click

using the indicators (blinkers), makes the orange lights at the front, rear and in the wing (fender) flash on their respective sides. when not using the indicators, these lights stay off.

any questions?

HTH :)
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

tartje wrote:reet!

first click on the stalk switch brings up the sidelights (what i believe you cunts call city lights), front and rear.

second click brings on y0 mad tyte JDM y0 HID's, rear lights are the same as with the first click

using the indicators (blinkers), makes the orange lights at the front, rear and in the wing (fender) flash on their respective sides. when not using the indicators, these lights stay off.

any questions?

Yeah, what do you mean front and rear? Like the tail lights when the car is at a stop with the lights on? Front I understand.

Also, the sides are constant on, but flash when the turn signal is activated.

EG6-DC2
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by EG6-DC2 »

Dave_B wrote:
tartje wrote:reet!

any questions?

Yeah, what do you mean front and rear? Like the tail lights when the car is at a stop with the lights on? Front I understand.

Also, the sides are constant on, but flash when the turn signal is activated.
Do you want me to go outside and look at what all lights come on with each click and what light up with the turn signals.

I think mine may have been doen correctly. :wink:
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

the sides shouldn't be on until you start indicating and they flash. i will go take pics of the rear lights at the diff stages :P
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

tartje wrote:the sides shouldn't be on until you start indicating and they flash. i will go take pics of the rear lights at the diff stages :P
Rears have different stages? HUH?

I've always known the rear to be "on" while the headlights/driving lights are on, then brake lights too.

EG6-DC2
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by EG6-DC2 »

I guess you don't want it dave.
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

yea, exactly, thats what i just said

one stage for when the lights are on, another for the brake lights :P

8)
EG6-DC2
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by EG6-DC2 »

Well I went out and checked anyways. :P

* First click - city lights and tails; the fog lights can also be on.
* Second click - city lights, tails, and head lights; fogs also can be on.
* Left & right turn signals - the front corner and sidemarkers now light up (note they remain off at all times until the turn signals or hazard lights are on)
* High Beams - city lights, tails, head lights, high beams; fogs also can be on.

Hope you understand and this helps you.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

haha, so Nolan, are you wierded out by the lack of grass yet? :)
-Erik

EG6-DC2
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by EG6-DC2 »

Erik95LS wrote:haha, so Nolan, are you wierded out by the lack of grass yet? :)
Its made up by the amount of rocks. :P I drove through one of the coolest neighborhood area's Sunday when I went to go take pics of the 4dr. It was a heavily populated area with shopping centers 1.4 million dollar houses, but yet looked like you were driving through baron, high desert areas, with just cacti's and brush around.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

EG6-DC2 wrote:
Its made up by the amount of rocks. :P I drove through one of the coolest neighborhood area's Sunday when I went to go take pics of the 4dr. It was a heavily populated area with shopping centers 1.4 million dollar houses, but yet looked like you were driving through baron, high desert areas, with just cacti's and brush around.
so where are pics?
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

I tink I understand... but getting it to do it that way is going to be the problem. The side markers are constant on, and blink when using the signal. I have to find out how they were wired in and fix that.

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Dave_B wrote:I tink I understand... but getting it to do it that way is going to be the problem. The side markers are constant on, and blink when using the signal. I have to find out how they were wired in and fix that.
its where they tap into the front turn signals. There are 2 power wires and a ground going into the front turn signals. the side markers use 2 wires. It just depends on which power wire the sidemarker is tapped into.
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Erik95LS wrote:
Dave_B wrote:I tink I understand... but getting it to do it that way is going to be the problem. The side markers are constant on, and blink when using the signal. I have to find out how they were wired in and fix that.
its where they tap into the front turn signals. There are 2 power wires and a ground going into the front turn signals. the side markers use 2 wires. It just depends on which power wire the sidemarker is tapped into.
Gotcha. I'll double check that when I get around to working on the car again. I'm on the fence about working on a car I just effn bought. i need a week or so to calm down before I got ape shit.

Just ask Jim what he heard on the phone last night when I was trying to install the fucking JDM SRS wheel. I about ripped that fucker out, burned it and then set off the air bag. I was fucking LIVID!!!

EG6-DC2
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by EG6-DC2 »

Erik95LS wrote:
EG6-DC2 wrote:
so where are pics?
I just have my crappy pics still on the camera. But there was someone else who is pretty good taking the pics. Once he edits them he is supposed to post them. Don't worry, once they are up you will know. :wink: