your opinion?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: your opinion?

Post by Dave-ROR »

BlackForestMotorsports wrote:I think your thinking of a different BFM theres about 20 different ones, and don't fall under what your talking about, but since you have to clarify everything to the fullest, will end the conversation now.
Oh, I thought you were involved in Allen's group. Which BFM are you? Which series do you/your team run in?
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

BlackForestMotorsports wrote:I think your thinking of a different BFM theres about 20 different ones, and don't fall under what your talking about, but since you have to clarify everything to the fullest, will end the conversation now.
I don't see how he doesn't have valid clear points. Mobil 1 in my 2000 R burned 1+ qt's between oil changes. Switched to Castrol GTX and burned none. Changed to Amsoil and still burned none. Never tried this in my GSR that burned 1-2 qts between oil changes but i suspect Mobil 1 had a lot to do with it.

If Dave and I are not enough proof try the several others that have reporte the same phenomenon. It happens in more than just our cars. Jetydosa saw a small example of this that has dimished with changing oil. And I have read 5-6 others willing to admit the same thing on honda-Tech.

Mobil 1 is thin and does burn in some of our motors.
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

Alright well it was just weird cuz most of the R's that live by me haven't burned a lot of Mobil including ming. I didn't try to make such a huge argument but i guess i haven't explained it enough to understand.. Anyways no hard feeling!
Later!
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

funk12 wrote:Alright well it was just weird cuz most of the R's that live by me haven't burned a lot of Mobil including ming. I didn't try to make such a huge argument but i guess i haven't explained it enough to understand.. Anyways no hard feeling!
Later!
Discussions are good.

Not sure which FL ITRs you are talking about (dunno if we know the same ones) but all the others that I know have the problem :P

Anyways, what series do you guys run in? (BFM)
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
kkim
New ITRCA Member

Post by kkim »

I've run mobil 1 5w-30 and have noticed it does drop in level(assumes it's burning as I have no external leaks) between oil changes. I switched to mobil 1 10w-30 and the burning diminished a lot... enough to say that it essentially stopped the oil level drop between changes.

were you guys with burning problems using 5w-30 or 10w-30?
98 ITR #460
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

5w
mayhem
New ITRCA Member

Post by mayhem »

Any of you guys tried Royal Purple?