HIDS

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: HIDS

Post by Dave-ROR »

R-Fan wrote:I have a question, it has to do with lighting. To my knowledge i can't remeber if all four lights come on at night or just to. If just two does any know or have done a conversion to fit this set up (4 lights)
Integra headlights have 4 lights total, the outer two are low beam and the inner two are high beam. You would not want all 4 on at once all the time as you'd have to lower the headlights quite a bit making the whole thing useless. You can setup HIDs on all four but that's pointless to me unless you keep the high beams on for over a minute at a time (approx warm up time for HIDs, off/on in less than that will reduce their lifespan).

Just run HIDs on the low beams with halogens on the high beams and only use the high beams when you need them.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
R-Fan
New ITRCA Member

Post by R-Fan »

Yea, i was thinking about Halogens on the outside lights and HID in the inside, and running them all at the same time. (like a GTR setup on the front).
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

R-Fan wrote:Yea, i was thinking about Halogens on the outside lights and HID in the inside, and running them all at the same time. (like a GTR setup on the front).
there's nothing to gain, and a bit to lose doing that.

1st, you'd have to lower the lights so much you'd make the low beams completely useless.
2nd, the high beam HIDs pointed that far down will be pretty much the same as just putting them in the low beam location.
3rd, the low beam location uses projectors, the high beams do not. There will be far more glare and the light output will have no cutoff and piss off just about every driver (and cop) you come across.
4th, you'll then have no true high beams.

If you want to do this for a showcar, feel free. But please keep such an idiotic lighting setup off the streets.
-Dave
captainzorg
ITRCA Member

Post by captainzorg »

I am looking to get HID's too. $428 shipped sounds reasonable. HOOK A BROTHA UP!!

It will look bad ass with my new CF hood!! :D
BLaDz01
New ITRCA Member

Post by BLaDz01 »

do these kits fit on USDM only or JDM too. I'd eventually want to get the conversion kit. so SEXXAY
-Thomas Hereford
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

BLaDz01 wrote:do these kits fit on USDM only or JDM too. I'd eventually want to get the conversion kit. so SEXXAY
USDM and the Accord.. errrrr JDM front use different style bulbs. If you want HIDs and the JDM front just get the HID JDM front as the projectors were made for HID and will use standard D2S bulbs as opposed to rebased D2S bulbs.

Of course, with the JDM front end, you'll be blinded oncoming drivers because the light is too high on the left unless you point it pretty far down.. but it's all about the bling right? :P
-Dave
BLaDz01
New ITRCA Member

Post by BLaDz01 »

haha who cares if other drivers are blinded, atleats I can see better. haha jk. i'll think about it. thx for the advice.
-Thomas Hereford