What shall I buy next?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dave_B

Re: What shall I buy next?

Post by Dave_B »

Bbasso wrote:
Dave_B wrote: No need to spend money on brembo blanks, they are going to wear just as fast.
Maybe not, but the small amount IF they do last longer can't be worth the extra money...
So you think a Brembo ITR rotor will out last a "white box" Legend rotor that is mm's thicker?

It's not like they make them out of some "special magic" material. Again, as stated, rotors are wear items. No need to spend the extra coin on them... spend it on seat time. :)
94vtec2tone wrote:i run some ok rotors but the valucraft i just dont trust. anythnig from a dam near no name company means just that. to me i dont trust my braking in some pos rotor that was build dam near nowhere that ive ever heard. but if u run em more power to u
A rotor is a rotor is a rotor given it's "vained" and "blank" Valuecraft, OEM ITR, "white box" or Brembo. Your really not going to see any difference. FWIW, I only run "white box" Legend rotors. I see no need in buying others. I think you need to read up more on braking and braking dynamics. "most" of your braking is done via the pads... the rotor surface is just that... a surface.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I don't know, But I would think they all have to meet the standards of something?
swed
Markusirealius01
ITRCA Member

Post by Markusirealius01 »

I am right with Bbasso. I have also been using the cheap a$$ rotors. Been using them for about 4 years on the teg and never had a problem with warpage. And I drive the Dragon every weekend with her. They also come with 2 year warranty, so if you do warp them they will give you a new set. And the carquest cerarmic red brake pads are some of the best pads i have ever used. My cost... $22.00 Lesson here. You can spend big money on drilled and slotted rotors but i bet they will not give you a new set if you warp them.
www.jsracing-net.com
www.typeoneracing.com
J's Racing, T1R, Feel's, and Spoon Authorized Distributor.