The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Post by Doespike »

Dave_B wrote:What enjoyment is that? But then again... it's a clean, stock 97... I'd still drive it every once in a while and appreciate it in stock form.
That's the thing, it would be tough to have that 97 and do little with it other than enjoy heR lightly to keep everything fluid and werking :P I think there can be a lot of joy out of knowing you're the keeper of a rare pristine 97. But it can't be your only caR. You'll still want one to beat the piss outta on track even occasionally. Then I think it'd be easier to stomach the 97 mostly sitting. As much as I'd LOVE such a 97, I can't pick one up like that as my first R. I just know I'd be torturing myself. I know there's guys here who think that is nutsors and all caRs should be driven hard and forever but this is mah opinion. :)

One R on the market now I like is Chris's (eluam) '98. Banged up body but solid drivetrain...and cheap w/ clean title. Driving to and from VIR from Va Beach and 2 days on track (all sessions), he burned less than 1/2 qt oil. :P
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

walker111 wrote:To have a car and not drive it is retarded, Dave. I love my car to death and it does sit a lot, but I still drive the sh_t out of it! The only reason it sits is because I dont drive it to work, on the weekends if I feel like driving it.....I do. I've put 11k on it since i got it in 6/07. Its clean, it was stock, and its extremely well taken care of. On another note.....driving the car stock, sucks! After driving a modified one then going to a stock one blew! Just wasnt fun for me. I think you'll feel the same way when you get on track and people are smokin by you.

<know its not a race but will not be the douche bag that holds everyone up.
I understand what your saying, and I'm not saying I'd never drive it either. I would drive it. Hell, I'd even track it. ;) Just to prove a point... but besides that, it would sit just as much as the PY... or anythning else...

But, at the same time, that is the reason I would buy it... for a collectors piece.

Your always the douche that holds me up... I've got the video to prove it. :P
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Doespike wrote:
Dave_B wrote:What enjoyment is that? But then again... it's a clean, stock 97... I'd still drive it every once in a while and appreciate it in stock form.
That's the thing, it would be tough to have that 97 and do little with it other than enjoy heR lightly to keep everything fluid and werking :P I think there can be a lot of joy out of knowing you're the keeper of a rare pristine 97. But it can't be your only caR. You'll still want one to beat the piss outta on track even occasionally. Then I think it'd be easier to stomach the 97 mostly sitting. As much as I'd LOVE such a 97, I can't pick one up like that as my first R. I just know I'd be torturing myself. I know there's guys here who think that is nutsors and all caRs should be driven hard and forever but this is mah opinion. :)

One R on the market now I like is Chris's (eluam) '98. Banged up body but solid drivetrain...and cheap w/ clean title. Driving to and from VIR from Va Beach and 2 days on track (all sessions), he burned less than 1/2 qt oil. :P
Agree'd, but again... this would be my 4th ITR... I can appreciate the car, just sitting. I have been for the past many months. Even with the FBP being street legal, the last time I actually drove it was to CMP for Lemons. I've started it a few times, but haven't really taken the car out at all. So the sitting thing isn't a problem as much as storage and financing would be. I could still put 7k down on it... but finding someone that would even finance it might be a problem.

But the lady just chimed into me and added... Sell the FBP, keep the PY. Have no car payment, and still able to pay of the debt (reason for selling the PY). Or she said sell them both and get an NSX.

Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Dave_B wrote: Or she said sell them both and get an NSX.
Hey, better strike while the iron is hot is what my momma always said :P
Least you could DD an NSX year round :P Hmmmmmm, I like your girl's thinking :!:hahah
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Doespike wrote:
Dave_B wrote: Or she said sell them both and get an NSX.
Hey, better strike while the iron is hot is what my momma always said :P
Least you could DD an NSX year round :P Hmmmmmm, I like your girl's thinking :!:hahah
Yeah, that is true... not like it snows here, but surely rains quite a bit.

I was looking at them, but I still think it might be much to get one of those right now. No way I'd get a Red one, or a targa... would HAVE to be a coupe and they still fetch a fair bit.

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

walker111 wrote:Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way....but I cant (unless I'm rich) have a car that I cant/wont drive.
you're not. You f00s know how I feel about this. Even if I had a collection like Leno's, not a single one of those cars would spend it's whole life sitting. Cars are meant to be driven....period. If you want something to collect and sit....I suggest stamps
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

I wish I could buy #01-0154 back... :cry:
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Erik95LS wrote:
walker111 wrote:Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way....but I cant (unless I'm rich) have a car that I cant/wont drive.
you're not. You f00s know how I feel about this. Even if I had a collection like Leno's, not a single one of those cars would spend it's whole life sitting. Cars are meant to be driven....period. If you want something to collect and sit....I suggest stamps
I would drive it though. But it would be purchased as something to hold onto. I'd bring it to every EC Expo too. :)

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

the thing that makes the most sense to me is to keep the PY and track it or even make it legal (if possible) to drive on street occasionally. you'll get more money out of the brack one to pay off debt/purchase other car. You've already got a cheap daily and you put a ton of work into the PY.
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Erik95LS wrote:the thing that makes the most sense to me is to keep the PY and track it or even make it legal (if possible) to drive on street occasionally. you'll get more money out of the brack one to pay off debt/purchase other car. You've already got a cheap daily and you put a ton of work into the PY.
That's the option that currently holds the most weight in my eyes... at least at the moment.

I'm just so unsure of what I want to do. Driving the PY again last night put a grin on my face again.

But I too have a lot of time/money into the FBP as well.

The DD, is just that... the DD. :)

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

yeah, that said I wish I could buy PY :P
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

LOL, she would compliment your teal caR well. :D

walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Erik95LS wrote:
If I were rich enough I'd have so many cars that some would be forgotten about.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Dave_B wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
I would drive it though. But it would be purchased as something to hold onto. I'd bring it to every EC Expo too. :)
My car is something to hold onto.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Erik95LS wrote:the thing that makes the most sense to me is to keep the PY and track it or even make it legal (if possible) to drive on street occasionally. you'll get more money out of the brack one to pay off debt/purchase other car. You've already got a cheap daily and you put a ton of work into the PY.
Hot damn, this guy has made the most sense outta 3 sentences than Dave's made since putting the yeller up for sale!

We have all come to the conclusions you're never gonna do HC with the PY, so put some headlights on it and whatever else it takes to make it street legal, a decent exhaust and register the fucking thing! Best idea ever, have yourcake and eat it too!

Erik 4 prez y0!
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Dave_B wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
walker111 wrote:
My car is something to hold onto.
So like mine it hurts me to look at it.
And I drove mine 70 miles round trip to work every day for 8 years and loved every minute of it.
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

WTF Erik, can't sleep again?
I just watched Pineapple Express... OMG that was funny as hell!!!
swed
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Bbasso wrote:WTF Erik, can't sleep again?
I just watched Pineapple Express... OMG that was funny as hell!!!
slept last night.
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

OK... so I think I've figured it out...

Considering I hardly slept last night...

Here goes...

I think the FBP with it's VIN matching motor would bring the same $ that it would with the built motor (some are scared of that) and in the course of putting the orignal motor back in, I'm going to also put new rings, and freshin it up for sale. So I would sell as a freshly rebuilt OEM motor.

I'd take the built motor, and as Jimbo said... I'm not going to attempt to get into HC anymore... so now the rules are out... and I'm going to put that one in the PY...

In all of this, I get the "equity" I have in the FBP, and at the same time, I save around $500 a month in car payment/ins.

Seems like the most logical choice to me, save $ monthly, pay debt (which pays off CC's and free's up more money a month) and given the more funds a month... I can actually start tracking the car more, albeit locally.

So, what's you guys' thoughts on selling the FBP with current motor (non-VIN matching, but semi built) or OEM VIN matching motor rebuilt?

get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

I like that idea much better.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

I like your thinking and would put the orig motor back in and keep the built one for the PY or whatev else you want to put it in down the road. More money a month = very good thing.
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Gawd... I stayed up so late running this shiz through my head... over and over...

The latest includes a little bit of a lot of things...

Now it's a matter of how quick I can do all this... I already have pistons/rings NIB ready to go... just need an HG and bearings.

But trying to get this done for Nov... that's going to be rough, and would include that the FBP does indeed sell by then.

And damnit... if I'm still not "happy" with the PY's performance after this... well... she'll either get bore'd or stroke'd...

But in all honesty... the FBP is nice... but I feel it should be the one to go. While i've had fun with it... I'll in the long run have more fun with the PY... oh yeah... and the PY doesnt' cost me a penny just sitting. :)

get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Dave_B wrote:
But in all honesty... the FBP is nice... but I feel it should be the one to go. While i've had fun with it... I'll in the long run have more fun with the PY... oh yeah... and the PY doesnt' cost me a penny just sitting. :)
My thoughts exactly.

Heres a pic for motivation. :mrgreen:

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

LOL... no motivation needed my friend.

Though keeping from really spending on the car is going to be a hassle... already have thoughts outside of the "rules"

get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Dave_B wrote: already have thoughts outside of the "rules"
We expect no less from you. :D