The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
Willard
SLEESTACK

Re: The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Post by Willard »

coolhandluke wrote:I have never gone the lawyer route.
do it... it work$.

once for me (contest of speed) and once for the wife (speeding).... hopefully never again.
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

D wrote:I started PT yesterday also, my therapist did say my recovery was above average when compared to others with equivalent injury, (apparently compared to the fat lazy sue-happy WVians) so that's good... but $30 copays for PT = grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............
fat/lazy = :P
Are you close to your yearly "max out of pocket" yet?

Early year injuries are the best kind... :?
When the oldest broke her arm (~$24k total IIRC) it was near the end of 2009... so we almost maxed it out ($2k IIRC) then had another surgery (rod removal) in 2010 to start the new out of pocket ($2,500 IIRC since it changed for 2010) counter yet for another year. :|
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Willard wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:I have never gone the lawyer route.
do it... it work$.

once for me (contest of speed) and once for the wife (speeding).... hopefully never again.
The lawyer route in the carolinas works, I know a guy with 6 DWI's (3 in one week) and has a valid drivers license today.

Not saying that is cool, just pointing out that the system is fucked and can be bought.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
D
"D" that's it.

Post by D »

itrsteez wrote:To be honest I was stoked to get $18 copays, all of my doctor visits have been 100% out of pocket up front. That giant boot was $220, fml.
hrm... my giant boot was $350 ish..., $96 or so out of my pocket.

Willard wrote:Are you close to your yearly "max out of pocket" yet?
doubtful, copay for my surgery was $400, $100 for ER, ambulance was paid for, couple office copays/meds... i might be out ~650 or so with this accident, but PT will add up to probably another 600.
98#797
98#551
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the rate of increase in output per unit increase of input decreases as the input increases
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Girlfriend is going to be out of town this weekend, strongly considering hitting up the Brasa steakhouse in Durham if anybody is down...
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

coolhandluke wrote:
splat wrote: For me it was the easy button. Cabarrus is 2+ hours away - easier to pay a lawyer than to take time off and whatnot. My ticket got reduced to improper equipment, meaning fine only. No record.
I can live with paying the fine. I'm more concerned about points and insurance rates rising. I haven't had a speeding ticket in six years and I really don't want to risk anything.

B18CXr wrote:I have never gone the lawyer route.

It ALWAYS works in the Carolinas.
The kicker being the ticket is in BFE Tennessee. Good to know though.
You want to follow up on this, but in NC, 16 over is bad. Maybe as much as four points bad. If you haven't already, you'll be getting letters from attorneys. Just something to think about.

Yack - Wake has cracked down on the good ol' boy system. Now a lawyer at best can get you a PJC. Speeding tickets are tending to stick :(
I've had beer at VIR, Summit Point, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta, BeaveRun, Gingerman, MAM, Lowe's Motor Speedway...
Seven-time ITR Expo participant
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

We had a shit ton of rain last night. No water in my basement for the first time.

:-)
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

itrsteez wrote:Girlfriend is going to be out of town this weekend, strongly considering hitting up the Brasa steakhouse in Durham if anybody is down...
Last night I was craving a steak. The sad part is I don't know a good place to go local. Why don't you come down here for the weekend? :P

splat wrote: You want to follow up on this, but in NC, 16 over is bad. Maybe as much as four points bad. If you haven't already, you'll be getting letters from attorneys. Just something to think about.

Yack - Wake has cracked down on the good ol' boy system. Now a lawyer at best can get you a PJC. Speeding tickets are tending to stick :(
I was worried about it being so high. Yay. Thank you for the heads up.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

D wrote:doubtful, copay for my surgery was $400, $100 for ER, ambulance was paid for, couple office copays/meds... i might be out ~650 or so with this accident, but PT will add up to probably another 600.
How long has it been since the accident? The follow up (not sure what to call them) bills (in my case) start arriving about 2-3 months later. :|
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

itrsteez wrote:Just got the hospital bill for the ankle, it came just short of 26k... with that being said out of the 11 guys in the van I'm glad it happened to me, I only know of one other person that had insurance coverage.
$26k = nice.... ~$24k for the oldest when she broke her arm (one ER stop (stabilized her/took x-rays then said they would not touch the arm) + ambulance ride + 2nd ER stop + pin install + overnight stay + recovery + pin removal at later date).

Don't worry about your buddies... OBAMA will SAVE THEM!!!!!!1
:roll:
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
B18CXr
ITRCA Member

Post by B18CXr »

Girlfriend is going to be out of town this weekend, strongly considering hitting up the Brasa steakhouse in Durham if anybody is down...

Hurmmmmmmm..

Phack!! I got tooo many motors to build this weekend :belch:
Yack-
2002 Honda Challenge H1 Champion
Neptune, Apexi, AEM EMS certified tuner
D
"D" that's it.

Post by D »

Willard wrote:How long has it been since the accident? The follow up (not sure what to call them) bills (in my case) start arriving about 2-3 months later. :|
9 weeks. I've had multiple follow ups, no co-pays for any of those office visits, + checked all my claims status online, all are paid for and cleared. PT is my last expense, then spend some coin on #797. :p
98#797
98#551
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the rate of increase in output per unit increase of input decreases as the input increases
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

coolhandluke wrote: Last night I was craving a steak. The sad part is I don't know a good place to go local. Why don't you come down here for the weekend? :P
we have to do a bunch of car transporting, eric is going to give me a lift back from wilmington in exchange for giving him a ride back from winston exchanging 442 out. I definitely wouldn't mind coming out to g-ville if all of this crap wasn't going on, you can hang out and play driver this weekend if you want to get out of town.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

haha. so I guess I'll see you when all this goes on. I may go to Dur Ham afterwards. we'll see.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Score. I have to make sure Kyle is on for meeting this Saturday. I don't think he'll be able to confirm for another day or so. Other than that I'm down for making a full day out of Saturday. Kinda strapped, not sure I'll be able to swing a $100 steak, but whateva.
-Eric
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

he won't be able to confirm till probably early that morning unfortunately.
-Erik

itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:Score. I have to make sure Kyle is on for meeting this Saturday. I don't think he'll be able to confirm for another day or so. Other than that I'm down for making a full day out of Saturday. Kinda strapped, not sure I'll be able to swing a $100 steak, but whateva.
I have your helmet sold.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Erik95LS wrote:he won't be able to confirm till probably early that morning unfortunately.
I think the Steez Miester and I will be making a trip to Wilmington Fri night. We can just play it by ear Sat. morning then if he will be able to scoot on down. Seeing how both of us will be bachelors and in the close proximity of nifty bars and hot babes Fri. night, we may return back to our homeland late/early, hehe all TBD.

My dilemma is taking the eg to wilmington and have something happen to it when I'm getting rid of my back-up car. lulz.

Helmet money is kinda spoken for already, I may have to bust out some of the secret stash cash if we do end up there.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:he won't be able to confirm till probably early that morning unfortunately.
I think the Steez Miester and I will be making a trip to Wilmington Fri night. We can just play it by ear Sat. morning then if he will be able to scoot on down. Seeing how both of us will be bachelors and in the close proximity of nifty bars and hot babes Fri. night, we may return back to our homeland late/early, hehe all TBD.

My dilemma is taking the eg to wilmington and have something happen to it when I'm getting rid of my back-up car. lulz.

Helmet money is kinda spoken for already, I may have to bust out some of the secret stash cash if we do end up there.
If you get it for lunch then it's cheaper, but they run weird hours like 11-2 then they're closed till 5. It's somewhere you have to eat before leaving the carolinas
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:

If you get it for lunch then it's cheaper, but they run weird hours like 11-2 then they're closed till 5. It's somewhere you have to eat before leaving the carolinas
Werd. I like the sounds of that better.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Look at spending $50 if you're solo, maybe $40 for lunch. It's hands down my favorite place to eat on the planet.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

itrsteez wrote:Look at spending $50 if you're solo, maybe $40 for lunch. It's hands down my favorite place to eat on the planet.
I definitely want to go at some point and it sounds like our schedules will match up since they're dependent on the same person in the same place.
-Erik

itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

well that sounds just lovely, this is a golden weekend for me.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

I'd really feel comfortable taking the R to wilmington but would hate to tack on another 250 miles considering it's already sold. Plus we're getting reallllly close to breaking the 100k cherry. Holding strong currently at 99,150. LOL

I've got this lil overheating issue with the eg. It only occurs if I'm idle for 5-10 minutes, I'll see the needle start to rise. Could this be a sign of just old/bad coolant? Absolutely no sign of other overheating issues while driving my 50 miles a day in it. I'm concerned that this issue might actually grow into something larger than it is having it sit on the highway for an extended amount of time.
-Eric