The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
D
"D" that's it.

Re: The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Post by D »

B18CXr wrote:Cool big block with (4) Webers on it outside this morning waiting for us to wrench on.....
Fixed.
98#797
98#551
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the rate of increase in output per unit increase of input decreases as the input increases
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

In getting prepared for the HIGH cost of living in S. FL and keeping it in the game. Considering just picking up a ghey cheap car that will be easily affordable, stupid reliable, get great gas mileage, and has a good amount of room to throw stuff in. i.e. http://www.carolinahondas.com/honda-onl ... t-5mt.html

Pretty funny a friend of mine who lives down there told me yesterday that in 04 is home owners was $1,000 a year. He just got a bill for 2010 and it's $4,500 a year. Damn that sucks!

My uncle has one and I laugh at him every time I see him driving it, oh well. The cool part for him is that he can drop the back seats and fit two bikes in the back of it easily.
-Eric
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Hello, you have a EG. That meets the criteria.

You change cars too much.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:Hello, you have a EG. That meets the criteria.

You change cars too much.
Keyword - reliable. I also need something halfway presentable for meeting clients etc. being that I'm transitioning to sales. I figure when things take off down there having a cheap car payment will allow for toys. :) Who knows This all came to me withing the last 30 minutes, however I'm kinda digging the idea.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

ohhhhhhhhhh, yeah fuck it... get a fit.. or another 8gen Si... don't turbo it this time.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:ohhhhhhhhhh, yeah fuck it... get a fit.. or another 8gen Si... don't turbo it this time.
:)

I ran the fit by my uncle, he says it's a bit pricey considering he bought an 09 fully loaded for 18k. We'll see. Won't make a decision for a little while. I feel so more comfortable going this route as we really don't know exactly what kinda house we're going to fall in love with, payments, etc. Plus I end up with something with four doors.

Ohh and not to bash my eg as unreliable as it really has kicked ass isnce I've owned it, however making a 14 hour trip in it is not whawt I want to do obviously. Seeing that I'm worried about driving it 2 hours to wilmington. lol.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

I feel sorry for you guys, having those insurance prices being such a large variable I'd be scared to commit to anything at all.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:I feel sorry for you guys, having those insurance prices being such a large variable I'd be scared to commit to anything at all.
Yeah the sad part is my friend who I mentioned above lives in a 150k house. I'm looking in the range of 250k. Fawk me if I'll be able to afford $5k a year just in insurance on the house. Looks like we'll need to look at some shitty homes. :lol:
-Eric
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

CivicBeater wrote:
itrsteez wrote:ohhhhhhhhhh, yeah fuck it... get a fit.. or another 8gen Si... don't turbo it this time.

I ran the fit by my uncle, he says it's a bit pricey considering he bought an 09 fully loaded for 18k. We'll see. Won't make a decision for a little while. I feel so more comfortable going this route as we really don't know exactly what kinda house we're going to fall in love with, payments, etc. Plus I end up with something with four doors.

Ohh and not to bash my eg as unreliable as it really has kicked ass isnce I've owned it, however making a 14 hour trip in it is not whawt I want to do obviously. Seeing that I'm worried about driving it 2 hours to wilmington. lol.
anything making that car unreliable is really easily and cheaply fixed so.......
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Erik95LS wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:

anything making that car unreliable is really easily and cheaply fixed so.......
...soo it should make for an easy sale. You want it? :D

93 Eg Si, fresh tranny, 15x,xxx, a/c, heat, ps has a rear quarter panel that's ugly, interior is mint, $2,750.00 to anyone here who would be interested. I drive it 50 miles a day for the past 1.5 years and it's never failed me except for two tires going out.
-Eric
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

CivicBeater wrote: 93 Eg Si, fresh tranny, 15x,xxx, a/c, heat, ps has a rear quarter panel that's ugly, interior is mint, $2,750.00 to anyone here who would be interested. I drive it 50 miles a day for the past 1.5 years and it's never failed me except for two tires going out.
then how exactly is it unreliable? Plus it's low mileage.
-Erik

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

-Erik

CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Erik95LS wrote:
CivicBeater wrote: 93 Eg Si, fresh tranny, 15x,xxx, a/c, heat, ps has a rear quarter panel that's ugly, interior is mint, $2,750.00 to anyone here who would be interested. I drive it 50 miles a day for the past 1.5 years and it's never failed me except for two tires going out.
then how exactly is it unreliable? Plus it's low mileage.
It is just in need of a lot of refreshing for me to fullllly trust it. Axles, tie rod ends, bearings, bushings, all that good stuff needs to be replaced as there are some clicks/clunks when turning etc. I just put gas and oil in the bitch and cross my fingers nothing fails. So far, so good. I'm mechanically stupid, so that's why I'm super paranoid about something failing. Anything beyond general maintenance leaves me stumped.
Last edited by CivicBeater on July 21st, 2010, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Erik95LS wrote: anything making that car unreliable is really easily and cheaply fixed so.......
Erik, you're missing the point. Eric can't function unless he's cycling through cars. That's a pretty sweet price on the EG though.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
Erik95LS wrote: anything making that car unreliable is really easily and cheaply fixed so.......
Erik, you're missing the point. Eric can't function unless he's cycling through cars. That's a pretty sweet price on the EG though.
lol. The eg ranks in the top 3 as far as longevity of ownership. haha! I paid 3k for it and have put two new tires on since. For someone who can work on shit, it's the perfect car as they can just refresh it when time permits. We all know parts for the damn thing are cheap as hell. Plus the front tires will need to be replaced soon. (@ $45 a piece no big deal). So I feel 2,750 is fair.
-Eric
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:This guy is awesome:

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... -a-porsche
Smart guy that has already seen the woes of euro automobile maintenance.

You should trade him your civic.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:This guy is awesome:

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... -a-porsche
Smart guy that has already seen the woes of euro automobile maintenance.

You should trade him your civic.
haha! Fawker. I love how an Escalade is a more "sensible" option for him.
-Eric
B18CXr
ITRCA Member

Post by B18CXr »

lol. The eg ranks in the top 3 as far as longevity of ownership. haha! I paid 3k for it and have put two new tires on since. For someone who can work on shit, it's the perfect car as they can just refresh it when time permits. We all know parts for the damn thing are cheap as hell. Plus the front tires will need to be replaced soon. (@ $45 a piece no big deal). So I feel 2,750 is fair.

Pics?
Yack-
2002 Honda Challenge H1 Champion
Neptune, Apexi, AEM EMS certified tuner
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

B18CXr wrote:lol. The eg ranks in the top 3 as far as longevity of ownership. haha! I paid 3k for it and have put two new tires on since. For someone who can work on shit, it's the perfect car as they can just refresh it when time permits. We all know parts for the damn thing are cheap as hell. Plus the front tires will need to be replaced soon. (@ $45 a piece no big deal). So I feel 2,750 is fair.

Pics?
ATM, All I have is this super crappy cell phone pic:

I can certainly get some more pics. It's not the best looker, but for a daily beater it does the job. It's the passenger side rear fender where the paint is peeling a bit and appears was a 3rd grade bondo experiment. It's not horribly bad as most of it is covered by paint, however I and anyone with half a brain can tell that there is some bondo behind it.

*Prepping for a $500 cash offer. :P
-Eric
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

That's the best color IMO.

I want it, just not in the position to grab it. Too busy raising cash to sink into the project car.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

It originally was teal as that's currently the color of the engine bay. I'm glad it was painted grey to be honest. Allbeit a cheap spray but whateva.
-Eric
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

That's a good color. I have a 95 hatch in the black charcoal, and a 93 ex DD in captiva blue (formerly puuuurple). Can't go wrong fer' a beater!
2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201
http://www.integratyper.org - ITR Registry!
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

-Erik

itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

looks like I'm always at the wrong place at the wrong time.