new from maryland

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
RIP98typeR
New ITRCA Member

new from maryland

Post by RIP98typeR »

hey everyone, im new to this forum. i currently own a 2006 gpw with black interior honda s2000 with a few mods. anyway i owned a 98cw type are a little over 6 years ago. if i remember correctly it was number 0184 but i could be mistaken. anyway i had the pleasure of owning it for about 6 months before it was stolen out of my parents driveway. from that day i have owned many different cars but non (not even the s2000) could fill the void that was left when my car was taken! i am now currently in the market for a 98 cw type r in complete stock condition to fill the void, and re joining the community.

scott

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu27 ... 425a31.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu27 ... a7b863.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu27 ... 8ad087.jpg
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: new from maryland

Post by Doespike »

Welcome to ITRCA! Sorry to hear about your '98...I might have some info on it...

PM the answers to this for me if you don't feel comfortable posting online.
How certain are you on the badge #?? When exactly was the caR stolen? Was it recovered? Was the armrest and badge missing from the caR? What state was it stolen from? City it was near?
I have a very good reason to ask this, so please think hard on it :)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
RIP98typeR
New ITRCA Member

Post by RIP98typeR »

Doespike wrote:Welcome to ITRCA! Sorry to hear about your '98...I might have some info on it...

PM the answers to this for me if you don't feel comfortable posting online.
How certain are you on the badge #?? When exactly was the caR stolen? Was it recovered? Was the armrest and badge missing from the caR? What state was it stolen from? City it was near?
I have a very good reason to ask this, so please think hard on it :)

i am 100% sure of the number, number 0184. i kept the dealer key chain paper that had the number on it! it was actually more like 7 years ago that the car was stolen. i will try to get a more exact date asap

car was never recovered, stupid cops didnt care about anything!

im guessing it was stolen by role back because there was no broken glass or any signs of a forced entry

it was stolen from abingdon md about 30 minutes north of baltimore

i would love to get my hands on the D-bag who took my car!
Last edited by RIP98typeR on January 30th, 2009, 6:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

welcome Scott, Joe can help you... if you want.
swed
RIP98typeR
New ITRCA Member

Post by RIP98typeR »

Bbasso wrote:welcome Scott, Joe can help you... if you want.

i really hope, i know its been like 7 years but it would be nice to have closure
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

In some ways this is closure for me, a mystery solved/confirmed. I actually have 98-0184's badge.

It came with my 98 ITR since my badge was kept by the 2nd owner of my caR (I'm the 5th). The 4th owner purchased a whole console/armrest to replace the JDM armrest delete just prior to selling the caR to me. The guy he bought it from was rebuilding an ITR but couldn't finish so sold off the parts he had collected. I've talked to this guy and he picked it up from a "shady kid" with a Civic in Virginia. Another forum member seen the badge, and said it was 98-0184, in this kid's Civic before it was scratched out I believe. Yes, before the kid got rid of it, he scratched out the # as best as he could. But if you hold it to the right light/angle you can still see the impression of -0184. The 98 was left intact.

I'm going to try and contact the guys who had contact with this kid and see if they'll chime in. One of them said he could probably still find this kid's house. Not sure what can be done legally after all this time...

Please try to find the VIN for your old 98 and send it to me through PM. I'm working on an ITR Registry project and would like this link to the badge. I will be able to give you a location and title status as of April 2006 if you're interested.

Of course, I would be willing to send you the badge as a memento. I've hoped heR previous owner would pop up :!:
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
RIP98typeR
New ITRCA Member

Post by RIP98typeR »

Doespike wrote:In some ways this is closure for me, a mystery solved/confirmed. I actually have 98-0184's badge.

It came with my 98 ITR since my badge was kept by the 2nd owner of my caR (I'm the 5th). The 4th owner purchased a whole console/armrest to replace the JDM armrest delete just prior to selling the caR to me. The guy he bought it from was rebuilding an ITR but couldn't finish so sold off the parts he had collected. I've talked to this guy and he picked it up from a "shady kid" with a Civic in Virginia. Another forum member seen the badge, and said it was 98-0184, in this kid's Civic before it was scratched out I believe. Yes, before the kid got rid of it, he scratched out the # as best as he could. But if you hold it to the right light/angle you can still see the impression of -0184. The 98 was left intact.

I'm going to try and contact the guys who had contact with this kid and see if they'll chime in. One of them said he could probably still find this kid's house. Not sure what can be done legally after all this time...

Please try to find the VIN for your old 98 and send it to me through PM. I'm working on an ITR Registry project and would like this link to the badge. I will be able to give you a location and title status as of April 2006 if you're interested.

Of course, I would be willing to send you the badge as a memento. I've hoped heR previous owner would pop up :!:

wow! this is crazy, from a legal stand point i would imagine that the cops wont do much of shit... from a civilian stand point im gonna drive to the dudes house that took my car and break every bone in his body (thats if he can be found). when my car got stolen there was no insurance on it and i had it parked in my driveway. me and my dad lost a bunch of money and fought for a year (stopped talking too). that car getting stolen caused a lot more damage than just losing a car. i will get you whatever info you need.