HELP FROM FELLOW MEMBERS WITH 1997 ITR's PLEASE READ......

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ITR97-143
New ITRCA Member

HELP FROM FELLOW MEMBERS WITH 1997 ITR's PLEASE READ......

Post by ITR97-143 »

Hey everyone thanks for Reading need some help with my Insurance co. that is trying to only Give me the same Value for my 97 ITR as a 97 GSR.....
there first offer was for $4400. :evil:

im asking Even IF your car is not for sale to Give me a Reasonable price if you were to sell it how much you would want for it.....

if you have a JDM front end on your car even better sense mine does.
and if you do have it for sale let me know.
im no where near taking $4400 for a car that is rare and sense theirs none out there for sale on autotrader, cars.com ect my insurance co. thinks they can pass it off for a gs-r.

Please list if you have big swap parts front clip swap engine swap ect. and mileage in xxk
im going to forward this info to my insurance co. because there 30 cars that they took off of auto source for cars for sale where all LS's and GS-R's you cant tell me they got 4400 for value out of 30 Type-r's when theres none out there for sale.

Thanks every one willing to help me ITR97-143
I 8 UR VETTE :)
heel_touge
New ITRCA Member

Re: HELP FROM FELLOW MEMBERS WITH 1997 ITR's PLEASE READ......

Post by heel_touge »

even though i read them my vin, my insurance chose the GSR model which is DC291 and we are DC231. i quickly found the mistake and corrected it. BUT had i not known all ITR's start with DC231 it would still be the same today.
lll l ll llll l ll ll
l00001051l
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

swed
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Sorry your insurance company is giving you troubles. I take it #143 was recently stolen? :(

You need to get an appraiser hired, either by your insurance company or out of your pocket. Similar thing happened to a friend of mine recently and after the appraiser, the offer more than doubled. Best of luck with everything..
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Doespike wrote:....You need to get an appraiser hired, either by your insurance company or out of your pocket. Similar thing happened to a friend of mine recently and after the appraiser, the offer more than doubled. Best of luck with everything..
Very good advice.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Get your own appraiser! if the Insurance Co. has the car appraised the results might be bias.
Do yourself the favor and spend the $ I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
swed
canuckr
ITRCA Member

Post by canuckr »

Doespike wrote:Sorry your insurance company is giving you troubles. I take it #143 was recently stolen? :(

You need to get an appraiser hired, either by your insurance company or out of your pocket. Similar thing happened to a friend of mine recently and after the appraiser, the offer more than doubled. Best of luck with everything..

Yeps..

The same thing happened to me. They did not understand the Type R thing when it comes to pricing. What I did was provided my insurance compay with a gaint package full of information.. In this package was all my orginal recipts, production numbers for all 4 years, a copy of the 1997 model production numbers (provided by Acura a few years ago. Its floating around online), a couple 1997 Motor Trend/Car and Driver articles, for sale adds of other ITR's nationaly (didnt matter the year, number of miles, or price.. And all adds wher from Autotrader) and a ton of pictures. Everything was neatly organized with a table of contents too. From there, the insurance company sent the claim out to be appriased. The appriaser came back with the exact dollar amount I was hoping to get.

If the appraiser came back with a lower number then I was hopping for, my next action would have been to hire my own appraiser. After that, I dun know what would happen. Thank god I didnt ahve to go that far..
97 ITR #163 RIP
Eight-time ITR Expo Participant Club Member..