Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R 4 Sale @ $8,500 *NEW PRICE*10/28

Post Cars For Sale ONLY
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R 4 Sale @ $8,500 *NEW PRICE*10/28

Post by crumbsnatcher74 »

***SOLD TO ITRSTEEZ***

I have CARFAX report in PDF ready to email to any interested buyer. Please PM me for Carfax.

Milwaukee, WI
2001 Acura Integra Type R
Production # 318
Nighthawk Black Pearl color
101k miles – bought it at 47k in fall 2005 from original owner. I commute 60 miles HWY roundtrip to Racine everyday for work.
Mobil 1 every ~3000 miles
-Clean title on hand and ready to sign over for the new owner.

Here are some details I feel you should know about this car because I want to be up front about everything.

-Car is completely STOCK and never been modded/molested
-Car has never been tracked or abused
-Original owner didn't garage the car so there are some minor typical Honda bubble rust around wheel wells that are forming. Minor and easily fixable.
-Original owner was smoker so car was smoked it. The car no longer smells like smoke, but there is a cigarette burn on driver seat right between where your two thighs would meet.
-Due to not being garaged, there was an attempt to steal car during original owner's possession. The attempt to steal the car was unsuccessful, but damaged the steering column. This resulted in the ignition being re-keyed. This car currently has 2 keys, one for unlocking doors/trunk and one for driving. Oddly, this didn’t show up on carfax when I bought the car. Original owner disclosed it to me.
-Front bumper has spider paint crack. Rear bumper has a smaller spider paint crack too. All from orig owner.
-Hood has minor rock chips from daily driving and age.
-All 4 wheels have slight curbing and chips on them from original owner. One or two wheels are seeing paint peeling. It was like this prior to my purchase. Wheels are structurally sound as I run both winter and summer tires on these wheels.
-Car will come with 2 set of tires. Dunlop winter and Dunlop Direzza DZ101 summer tires
-This car was mistakenly titled by Acura of Brookfield with a wrong character in VIN# when original owner purchased car back in 2001. I only knew about it when my insurance agent told me the VIN was incorrect. I verified that VIN on original owner's title is 1 character off from VIN on car. They mistaken a S for a 5. I have the carfax for the car when titled with the 5.
- Also, the trunk liftgate cylinders need to be replace as they can't hold up the trunk in the open position anymore. I've been using my long snow scrapper to do the job for now.

I think that’s it for now. Please PM if you need more info.

Asking $8,500 or best offer…..please be reasonable and give this caR a new home.

Reason for selling.....after almost wiping out several times on snow drifts during Wisconsin winters, I decided it was time to go AWD. Got a great deal on a new 2009 DGM Legacy GT Limited.

***New pictures below after wash and wax today***

Last edited by crumbsnatcher74 on November 5th, 2009, 9:07 pm, edited 11 times in total.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Re: Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R for Sale @ $10500

old pictures removed......see above for new pictures.
Last edited by crumbsnatcher74 on August 30th, 2009, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

new pictures uploaded above.
Last edited by crumbsnatcher74 on August 30th, 2009, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigz1989
New ITRCA Member

Post by bigz1989 »

how far are you from cincy ohio
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

I'm in Milwaukee....about an hour north of Chicago. I've never driven to Cincinati before so I couldn't tell you distance or time wise. I sent you a PM. Price is negotiable, but has to be within reason because I am not desperate to sell car. It is paid for so I can sit on it if no reasonable offers come through. Car is completely stock and nothing has been changed other than tint (done by original owner) and HID kit.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Saturday bump after new pictures uploaded.
the_integra_man
New ITRCA Member

Post by the_integra_man »

You should blank out the picture with the VIN for security reasons... rather be safe than sorry!
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Thanks for the tip on the vin#. I scratched off the license plates in all my pictures and forgot about the vin#.

Picture updated.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Re: Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R for Sale @ $9,900 ***NEW PRICE**

New Price....$9,900 OR BEST OFFER. Want to sell the car before winter comes.
integrab18c5
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrab18c5 »

wish you were in the boston area.
LoooseIS
New ITRCA Member

Post by LoooseIS »

i want this...wish I had the dough...

oh and as for the rust check this out found it online

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks. ... gra-14.htm

if you'll notice, 2001 Acura Integra corrosion warranty is UNLIMITED mileage, probably wouldn't hard to get that fixed:-)
integrab18c5
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrab18c5 »

LoooseIS wrote:i want this...wish I had the dough...

oh and as for the rust check this out found it online

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks. ... gra-14.htm

if you'll notice, 2001 Acura Integra corrosion warranty is UNLIMITED mileage, probably wouldn't hard to get that fixed:-)
it says Corrosion Years 5
LoooseIS
New ITRCA Member

Post by LoooseIS »

bugger!!! Sorry it was like 1 AM, and I got myself too excited...lol
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

integrab18c5 wrote:wish you were in the boston area.
There's always the option to ship the car if you are serious enough. I'll work with you on pricing if you want to go that route. LMK.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Re: Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R for Sale @ $9,500 ***NEW PRICE**

Updated price......$9,500. Looking to move this car out before winter arrives. Don't want to pay for new DMV tabs either.
integrab18c5
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrab18c5 »

crumbsnatcher74 wrote:
integrab18c5 wrote:wish you were in the boston area.
There's always the option to ship the car if you are serious enough. I'll work with you on pricing if you want to go that route. LMK.
shipping is way to much money it would be 1100 to ship it and the rust looks like its getting bad and i would have to get it fix with a new paint job that would cost me 3000. i'd like to get one in the boston area so i hear it run and see how it rides be for i buy it.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Going to buy (flying out) and driving back... is a pleasant experience. I flew from FL to NY and picked one up in CT. The drive back was awesome!
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
integrab18c5
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrab18c5 »

Dave_B wrote:Going to buy (flying out) and driving back... is a pleasant experience. I flew from FL to NY and picked one up in CT. The drive back was awesome!
i did that with my 98 itr picked it up in VA and drove it to MA i was up all night driving it back. if i wasnt up for over 24hrs it would of been a good experience.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

The best way to know if it's good is to have the seller meet you half way with it. No better way to confirm its functionality than a multi-hour highway drive.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

itrsteez wrote:The best way to know if it's good is to have the seller meet you half way with it. No better way to confirm its functionality than a multi-hour highway drive.
I'm not about to drive this car halfway to Boston to meet a potential buyer. That's just a waste of my time. If the buyer is serious enough, they'll come to me. Too many flakers out there. So many people have offered cash for this car, both local and out of state, but no one seems to want to put their money where their mouth is. I'm not about to waste my time, money, and energy driving halfway to Boston just to show the car.

Here's something to think about for all those who are interested in this car, but are from out of state....
If you buy the car at the $9500 asking price, I will subtract $200 off to help pay for your flight to Milwaukee. Bringing the price down to $9300. Hell, people are selling just Type R shells for $5-6k, so I don't see how this is such a bad deal.

People complain about the the rusting, the 2 key situation, and high mileage. Uhmmm, hello I live in Wisconsin where we got over 100 inches of snowfall during each of the last 2 winters. The car has 2 keys, but so what? It was never stolen and doesn't have a theft recovery title. High mileage??? Yeah, this car was my daily driver for the last 4 years. Enough with my ranting......you guys know where I stand. Just trying to give someone in the Type R community a good deal, but no one biting.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Re: Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R 4 Sale @ $9,000 *NEW PRICE*10/13

Updated price.......Trying to sell this prior to DMV tab renewal on 17th. Somebody buy this car! Priced to move.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to drive it half way for a potential buyer but the actual buyer.

I've kept this one in the back of my mind as a potential purchase, I'm currently looking at a 36k mile PY in my neighborhood. I'm actually seeing if my girlfriend wants this one.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

itrsteez wrote:Sorry about that, I didn't mean to drive it half way for a potential buyer but the actual buyer.

I've kept this one in the back of my mind as a potential purchase, I'm currently looking at a 36k mile PY in my neighborhood. I'm actually seeing if my girlfriend wants this one.
Understood. However, I still don't think if I would drive halfway to deliver the car to the buyer. Potential for people to bail out is too great of a risk for me to take. On the flip side, I'll knock off $200 from any agreed upon final sale price for anyone who has to fly/drive in from 300+ miles away to pick up this car. This is to help compensate the buyer for any travel expenses.

BTW, are you from the NC/SC area? Someone sent me a text msg around midnight last night inquiring about the car. The txt msg came from an 803 area code number.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

I'm in NC but that wasn't me. I'm seeing if my girlfriend would want this, she said so far "it's pretty mint".

I'm a little sketchy on that titling error, has that ever gave you problems registering it?
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

itrsteez wrote:I'm in NC but that wasn't me. I'm seeing if my girlfriend would want this, she said so far "it's pretty mint".

I'm a little sketchy on that titling error, has that ever gave you problems registering it?
I totally understand your concerns. However, the VIN typo didn't give me any issues when I originally titled the car back in 2005 when I purchased it. I told the DMV clerk about the typo mistake and it was corrected. My WI title has the correct VIN# on it. I haven't ran a carfax since I bought it, so I can't say how updating the correct vin # affects a car fax report. I do have the carfax report from when I purchased the car. It shows the car was bought from the one and only local Acura dealership in SE WI, Acura of Brookfield. The S does look like a 5 on the VIN tag so I can understand how this mistake was made originally. All the VIN tags on the car match up correctly and identically so I can only assume that the dealership is the responsible party who made this typo originally. I'm just surprise that my insurance company has a better computer program that detects a false/incorrect VIN and the DMV doesn't have that same capability. If they did, this would have been detected when the car was bought back in 2001. Go figure.

If you want, PM me your email address and I can send you the carfax report from when I purchased the car.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Last edited by crumbsnatcher74 on October 14th, 2009, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.