(Theft) What would you do in this situation?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
wenkai
New ITRCA Member

(Theft) What would you do in this situation?

Post by wenkai »

My Type-R was broken into last Sunday. I walked out of a store and saw the bastard in the passenger seat trying to steal my ECU. I yelled at him and he ran off. Thinking back, maybe I should've hid, call the cops and maybe have the guy arrested but its takes the cops a while to get to the scene and he might have done more damage to my car during that time? I didn't want to confront him cause he might have a knife or something. If you were ever in this situation what would you have done??
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

What would you do

Post by Kangbateh »

I would find a brick and bash his head in then grab my ECU and beat him with it. then drag him down the street strip him naked and leave him there. then call the cops to pick his punk ass up! What cowards, is stealing a car worth your life? if your fucking with me beleive it you will get yours! But in reality I probably would have secretly call the cops. :twisted:
RedKroovy
New ITRCA Member

Post by RedKroovy »

Unlike most people I carry a knife on me just for such occasions and I would of used it.
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

I think you did the right thing. Hopefully you called the cops afterwards. Waiting for the cops would have given the idiot more time to do damage to your car.
Confronting a thief is frought with risk. Though this guy was probably just a punk and not dangerous, you never know. If you confront him and he gets away, you either get hurt(or worse) or you don't. If you restrain him long enough for help to arrive you either get hurt or you don't. That's a 50-50 chance you get hurt for something material, that can be replaced. In the same situation I would have yelled like you did. If he didn't run I probably, foolishly, would have confronted and stomped him - hopefully.
You did the right thing
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

wellx, i keep a butterfly knife in the console between my two seats, and a pair of nunchucks (the kind that screw together to form a pole because the chain drops into one side) in the trunk. the alarm i have has a button on the remote to pop the trunk, so instant nunchuck access...i think i'd have to bust teenage mutant ninja turtles on his @$$.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
cxSHOE
ITRCA Member

well,

Post by cxSHOE »

well i assume you had a cellphone with you.. what u did was good,,, i guess i would have called emergency and said some guys raping a girl inside a "color" car and say its going down now!!! and give the cross streets and when you see the lights you just get the attention of the officers .....and hopefully they will run after the guy/s you wil only get an immediate response if its a felony in progress other than that its not a priority...

and if they say that you lied to them.... stick with your story and say i thought he was raping someone so i hid and waited for you.... remember they have to proof you intentionally lied to them to be charged.. which is very hard to do on their part...as long as you stick to your story....so thats what i wouldhave done,,,,,

but if they really want it,, they wil get it.....whether yur in or out of the car....
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

I woulda

Post by Type R 98 »

checked out his shape, if he was one of those born unlucky small bastards i would have ran after him, assuming i have more adrenaline, catch up with him, give him the beating of his life, and call the police on him while he couldnt do shit in some wrestling position i'd be holding him in with... hehe, or not..
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
Dev
ITRCA Member

Post by Dev »

watch him steal your s--t , tail him until he gets in his car. Asuming you have a freind on the force, or just a good resource, get his plates run. Creep his house late at night with a Lousville, do him up good and burn the house down.....Uhhh, I mean you did the right thing man, anti violence is the way to go :roll: Seriuosly, tape a razor under your door handels every time you leave your car in a shady area, it hard to operate a screwdriver with flesh hanging off your finger tips.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

You guys are nuts :lol:

Bro, you did the right thing. In all practicality and safety, you don't need to be confronting a dangerous unknown even if he's messin' w/ your car. There's a reason why we waste our money on insurance :evil:
ITR97-143
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR97-143 »

i pack my 9mm loaded with me at all times i even sleep with it..
the joy of packing.. :wink: can you guess what happens when you walk up to a lil punk trying to steal your car .. ive had one kid piss his pants..
I 8 UR VETTE :)
Cosworth
New ITRCA Member

Post by Cosworth »

Call the cops, yell, then depending on the situation: a) attack b) get yourself away from harm.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=419854
Sean
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

lol

Post by Type R 98 »

so what do you do, spray aWAY with the 9 milli???? lol give him a good head knock, leave him there unconscious and call the cops, get charged with assaqult by the dude who tried to still your car?? lol laws suck... it should be leagal to kill people for that:)
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
lil_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by lil_R »

yo man, i had my R stolen this past month and i'm in a way happy i didn't see someone in my car or driving it away. i know i would of confronted him/chased him down/jumped on my hood and so on. i give it to you for handling it the way you did since you actually saw the guy in your car. i think my nerves would of took over and did something stupid. see, i can sit here and say this because i didn't see it BUT i feel things would of been worst if i did. you can always replace your car, maybe not an R but you know what i mean. you can't replace your life!!
ITR97
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR97 »

stupid idiots no respect for other ppl belongings. u should have taught the guy a lesson assuming he is weaker than u . chase him catch him brake both his elbows and say never steal anything from anyone. lol
2XS
New ITRCA Member

Post by 2XS »

my rims were stolen last year. when I found out who it was, I found him in a parking lot, jumped thru the open drivers window, and started dragging the passenger( the one who had my rims) out thru the drivers side. I told the driver if they left without me getting my rims I was going to jump back in my truck and "run them the f@#$ over"
alot more went on then that but in the end I got my rims back, safe and sound, and have never seen them again.

its a good thing too cause after thinking about them for the 8 months they were gone, I had alot more brutal plans for the person I found with them. I am not normally a nasty person, I just think that people that steal should have their hands chopped off. then see them do it again
straights are for fast cars, bends are for fast drivers
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

ITR97 wrote:stupid idiots no respect for other ppl belongings. u should have taught the guy a lesson assuming he is weaker than u . chase him catch him brake both his elbows and say never steal anything from anyone. lol
Man u don't break the guys elbows cause he will be able to steal again what u do is cut his fucking arms off and that should teach the poor bastard a lesson :twisted:
2XS wrote: I just think that people that steal should have their hands chopped off. then see them do it again
Now that's exacly what I'm talking about.
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS
TypeR00_0371
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR00_0371 »

I am not normally a nasty person, I just think that people that steal should have their hands chopped off. then see them do it again
Are you my Brother?

You handled it CORRECTLY. BUT............. What I would have done is kicked the ever lovin' shit out of him... Adreniline is VTEC for the CNS...
Stop Whining!!