New-R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Shin
New ITRCA Member

New-R

Post by Shin »

Well after looking for a long time, and a few false starts I finally got an R :D . She is #407 and I picked her up with 36k miles on the clock. I used to have a GSR a few years ago but man, the difference is night and day between the two. Here are some pics, I hope to meet some other R owners in future.

Last edited by Shin on September 23rd, 2009, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form, even if all the books are destroyed"
98TypeR#21
New ITRCA Member

Re: New-R

Post by 98TypeR#21 »

Congrats!

You're sure right about the difference between an R and a GSR! Night and day, like you say.

What year is it? And how the heck did you find one with so few miles???
Shin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Shin »

Hey #21

Its a 2001 and it feels like a scalpel compared to my old GSR. I always read and heard about how well the ITR handled but I never thought gap would be so large in terms of driving characteristics. Oh yeah, and the brakes are just phenomenal. I really hope Honda brings another R model to the U.S. How did I find it? well spending every day on autotrader, ebay, honda-tech, and this board certainly helped in trying to find the one. I guess I just got lucky :D I absolutely love this car.
"I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form, even if all the books are destroyed"
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Congrats on the pickup :!: She looks minty! Keep heR safe mang...hate to see one this clean go down.

Hope to see you at Expo/meets. 8)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
STL_ITR_01
New ITRCA Member

Post by STL_ITR_01 »

Sweeeeeeet ride! Looks completely stock from the outside and I would keep it that way. Some pics of the engine bay would nice. I hope you have a garage for heR.

Congrats,
Mark
sptrescue
ITRCA Member

Post by sptrescue »

Niceee R!!!

Coming from a Law Enforcement perspective, I see you have pics of your R in an apartment complex. Whether or not you live there, I would try in the future to take pics somewhere else due to the fact these cars get stolen...way more than they should be. Someone might also recognize that apartment complex and could narrow you down within a city of they were comitted enough. You got a pretty little R there, keep it that way. If these aren't the contributing factors I understand, but just keep your guard up.

LEO K6
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Welcome and Congrats.

Please tell me that first pic is NOT where she sleeps at night, PLEASE!

First and foremost look through threads on stolen cars. Especially from Apt. Complexes. Do you homework and keep her safe.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Shin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Shin »

STL_ITR_01 wrote:Sweeeeeeet ride! Looks completely stock from the outside and I would keep it that way. Some pics of the engine bay would nice. I hope you have a garage for heR.

Congrats,
Mark

Dave and Sptrescue thanks for the heads up. I took the pictures at my friends complex since I've never actually bothered to buy a digital camera for some reason. She is garaged every night without exception. The R has an alarm but, I was kicking around the Idea of getting another system for the car as well, does anyone have experience with this system? I'll post some interior pics soon, and some engine bay shots. Good to meet you guys :)
Last edited by Shin on September 22nd, 2009, 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Shin wrote:
STL_ITR_01 wrote:Sweeeeeeet ride! Looks completely stock from the outside and I would keep it that way. Some pics of the engine bay would nice. I hope you have a garage for heR.

Congrats,
Mark

Dave and Sptrescue Thanks for the heads. I took the pictures at my friends complex since I've never actually bothered to buy a digital camera for some reason. She is garaged every night without exception. The R has an alarm but, I was kicking around the Idea of getting "GPS Snitch" for the car as well, does anyone have experience with this system? I'll post some interior pics soon, and some engine bay shots. Good to meet you guys :)
I personally wouldn't discuss security publically. Feel free to PM any of us however. GPS is a great idea. Which one, where and how to install is another story all together. ;)
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Shin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Shin »

Heheh Fixed! Please feel free to PM me with any systems you guys have had experience with. :mrgreen:
Cloggerdude
New ITRCA Member

Post by Cloggerdude »

Hahah, I find it hilarious how I know every single one of these cars when people post these threads.

I bet I called and e-mailed the guy who owned this car close to 10 times to see if you were still going to buy it. I wasn't trying to buy it out from under you, but I was sure hoping you would end up passing on it.

That being said, you got an awesome ITR man. I'm genuinely happy for you.
Shin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Shin »

Yeah its tough trying to find that "Perfect R". I must have looked and contacted a Ton of sellers before this one sprung up, and like you, I probably know which vehicles belong to what sellers by looks alone. To be honest I was kinda nervous but after it was all done i'm really glad I went through with it. Good luck on your search Cloggerdude I hope you find one you are looking for.
00TypeR1071
ITRCA Member

Post by 00TypeR1071 »

Congratz on the pick up dudeR :D

R looks super clean.
I would just choke the person who put the balancing weights on the outside of the rims :twisted: haha
2000 PY Type R #1071 - 56k on the clock
2001 Integra LS 4dr DD - 68k on the clock
Bowdwn
ITRCA Member

Post by Bowdwn »

congrats and welcome aboard...
Shin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Shin »

interior pics added
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

Congrats! Very clean!!! Only 2k more than mine. Like a new caR still!!! Keep her safe! I use lots of exclamation marks!!!
2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201
http://www.integratyper.org - ITR Registry!
98ITR747
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98ITR747 »

Congrats! Nice car!!!

Cloggerdude wrote:Hahah, I find it hilarious how I know every single one of these cars when people post these threads.
Did you recognize mine?