Nitrous in a GSR

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
PrettyLu86
New ITRCA Member

Nitrous in a GSR

Post by PrettyLu86 »

hey im looking for some guidance here for my 99 GSR. . . everyone keeps telling me to turbo my car but i cant afford that anytime school with me going to school and everything. but i can afford NOS. so i wanted to know what i would need and how much of a shot of NOS i should put in without blowing up the engine up messing anything serioulsy up. please help me out here. im just looking for some guidance at the moment. im guessing that im running 14.8-14.9 at the track with intake and headers. im just looking to break into the 13's.
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

N2O

Post by Jan Niemi »

I would go with a 50 shot to be safe, but it alone will probably not get you into the 13's. Tires, intake, exhaust, fuel will help.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
PrettyLu86
New ITRCA Member

Post by PrettyLu86 »

i wanted to know what would i need to do it properly without screwing things up. like what would i need for the fuel system? im working on getting my Apexi N1 exhaust right now. im running right now with stock gsr rims aswell. also i wanted to know what would be the best NOS systerm (NOS,Venom, or Zex) and wether i should use a wet or dry system ? i just need some guidance at this moment. do you know where i could look online or anywhere else to get some advice and knowledge about it ? thanks i appreciate the help
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

n20

Post by Jan Niemi »

I would go with the wet system, that way you know you've got the fuel you need. Those are all good products.
PrettyLu86
New ITRCA Member

Post by PrettyLu86 »

who has a good wet system ? also do you think its a good idea to change the fuel system; ex: fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter and fuel injectors? and if so who should i go with when doing this? thanks for the help
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

wet

Post by Jan Niemi »

I know NOS makes it, I think ZEX makes it, you really don't need major modifications for a 50 shot, the stock rail and injectors are fine, if anything, get a pressure regulator and maybe a fuel pump, then you'll be ready for boost later.

NOS isn't as cheap as you might think though. Yeah the kit is only 500-600, but the Nitrous is not cheap. Are you ready to spend 40-50 a week on refills?