Mugen Catcack

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
pk23
New ITRCA Member

Mugen Catcack

Post by pk23 »

i am wondering if the mugen catback is really worth it for my itr. i found out that it has a lot of torque advantage. but i am still not sure if their is anything better out their. :lol:
TypeR00_0371
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR00_0371 »

leave the stock one on....

what else do you have done?
Stop Whining!!
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

No, don 't leave the stock one, the Mugen is quite a bit less restrictive, and sounds really great, even without a cat. I wasn't all that wild about one, until I tried one on my car, and since have figured it being one of the best investments I've made.

If you can, find it used, or on EBay...I got mine for $781 shipped including a shift knob, not sure why, but he threw it in for shits and giggles I guess.

Any way, it's only worth it, if you'll enjoy it, weigh it out with other things you could do, but consider the fact that you probably won't be very happy with a raspy loud exhaust, unless you're into that sort of thing.

Later,
Aj
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

I have a DC sports catback and I'm satisfied with it, sounds great and not very loud on the highway if u are looking for a quiet system mugen and dc are both quiet I'm sure there are other out there.
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Beasty18C5 wrote:I have a DC sports catback and I'm satisfied with it, sounds great and not very loud on the highway if u are looking for a quiet system mugen and dc are both quiet I'm sure there are other out there.
Quiet with a cat, but with a test pipe, it's a lot louder than the Mugen and doesn't resonate nearly as well. If you plan on leaving your cat, the DC is nice.....

What ever's clever, just keep in mind that the Mugen may have a couple small bottle necks at points, but is still 2.5 inch, and supposedly is one of the best flowing exhausts out there. On my car it made 8whp over stock, of course, take into consideration that's with very high compression.

Any way,
Later,
Aj