Clutchmasters Stage 3 or 4 ???

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Clutchmasters Stage 3 or 4 ???

Post by Bbasso »

On a daily driven R thats 99.99% stock, thats always driven hard and tracked a few times a year which one would you reccomend?

I like the toggle switch feel in a clutch but unsure what would be better with the Comptech 6.75 Flywheel I'll be getting...

Can use all of your opinons to help me decide. Hopefully I can decide well before the expo :wink:

If any one wants to reccomend a different clutch, please give a good reason why and some detail too.

Thanks for all the help!
swed
TypeR00_0371
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR00_0371 »

I have stage IV.... Very streetable.... But for your setup, I would suggest the Stage III... I've driven two hatches w/ B16's and that clutch, and for the streetability, I'd go w/ that one... But if you POUND on it and decide to throw on more parts, then Stage IV is a good buy..... I've got CM's 8ish lb. flywheel in mine, and It's nice....

my .02
Stop Whining!!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I POUND on it and will throw on more parts, So stage 4 is nice? thanks
swed
TypeR00_0371
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR00_0371 »

I like it.... w/ just the clutch/flywheel combo, I dropped my ET's by 0.2 and that's just dumping the clutch @ About 65-72 on V700's hitting 2.1 60's... I don't know if you Drag your R, but no matter what, it's still streetable.. You have about 1/2" of engagement (with it being a Sprung-hub 4 puck) Hell, My ExGF could drive my ACT HDR6, and she loved the CM... Besides, the Stage IV is cheaper than the stage III.

email one of my associates, his name is Steven sales@performance-online.com

I actually sell CM to him, and he can get you a pretty good deal...

Good luck... Scott Boller
Stop Whining!!
Beasty18C5
ITRCA Member

Post by Beasty18C5 »

i would go with stage 3 it's good for 300hp and I don't think u need anyting more then that unless u plan on running a crazy turbo setup also has a very nice feel that's what i bought for my R with the CM flywheel I was convinced after driving buddies JR S/C GS-R I loved it and got it not installed yet car in storage. L8R
***Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock***
USDM PY 2001 ITR #1111 Turbocharged
CND CW 1997 Type R #255
Daily Driver 1997 Integra RS
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Yeah, I'd go with the three, which even then is a little over kill, if your car is pretty much stock, then a stage four is totally un-necesary. For that matter, I ran a stage one, and it was an FX100 organic, on a car that made almost 210 to the wheels, and it gripped fine for as long as I had it. But, a four puck, especially if your tracking it, won't do you all that much good, you don't want to have to ride your clutch between gears on a road race car so your car isn't jerky between shifts. I think you'll find it amazingly difficult to heal/toe on a stage 4 clutch. Any way you look at it, I'd say the four is just more than you need.

Later,
Aj
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

mmm Ya all got me thinking- Stage 3?? and the Comptech 6.75 FW

Does anyone else have a good deal or a place to buy from?
swed