Is there any difference in the Canadian Spec 2000MY Type-R?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Ryan126
New ITRCA Member

Is there any difference in the Canadian Spec 2000MY Type-R?

Post by Ryan126 »

Im thinking about getting a CW 2000 Type-R CANADIAN SPEC. Couldnt find any real differences between that and the USDM. Anyone have more information? I did a search but could only find this.

May 4, 2000 Type R Update!
An alert Type R owner pointed out some differences between the Canadian-spec 2000 Type R and the U.S. model.

Canadian models are available in Yellow and Championship White only while U.S. models also come in black but not white..
Canadian models are available with or without air conditioning.
Canadian Type R's don't come with the aluminum shift knob available on U.S. cars, and the faux carbon fiber trim is limited to the gauge cluster
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

That's pretty much it. There's some cosmetic differences (colors interior and exterior) but mechanically the US and Canadian R's are identical. Please note that the gauge cluster in the Maple Leaf versions use metric (kilometers) while the US uses English units.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I agree I've never heard of any motor diffrences....
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

was in only 2001 the CDN R came with Red seats?
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Yes, the 2001 was the only year it came with all red seats.
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

The '01 CDN shift knob is awesome! Black leather with red stitching! That with the red seats and minimal carbon fiber make it the best combination in my opinion..
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

You realize that that shift knob is the '97 and '98 US ITR stock knob ;)

(well... when they weren't putting that crappy faux carbon fiber knob on, anyways :P )
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Oh really?? Didn't know that.. Hmm.. A metal knob would be too cold for me in the morning especially up here in Canada..
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

You telling me! Try coupling that with the 100-degree summers down here in TX and you get shifting with a popsicle in the winter and giving yourself 1st-degree burns in the summer :x

Looks good, though ;)
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Ouch!! :shock:
WTypeRogerX
New ITRCA Member

Re: Is there any difference in the Canadian Spec 2000MY Type-R?

Post by WTypeRogerX »

Don't canuck Rs have sidemarker signal lights also?
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Yes they do have side markers and they come with the same shifter USDM CW R's came with.
DeanO
New ITRCA Member

Post by DeanO »

Keep in mind that Canadian-spec 2000-2001 Type R's did NOT have standard A/C like their American counterparts. Canadian A/C systems were dealer installed, and the complete kit is no longer available. Shop carefully if this makes a difference to you. I needed to purchase the $1300 A/C kit when I got my 2001 Canadian Type R. It gets pretty hot here in N. Carolina. :)

By the way, what sidemarker lights are you talking about? The Canadian Type R's don't have fender mounted lights.

kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Wow, the red USDM-style seats really don't match the interior of the North American ITR's. Sorry Dean0, otherwise I'm quite jealous :P
DeanO
New ITRCA Member

Post by DeanO »

You're right, kabob. I never did understand Honda's preoccupation with red seats. It's very '80s, if you ask me.

I chose the Canadian Type R because it was one of the only ways I could find a low mileage, Championship white Type R. Mine has about 7,100 miles (10k km) on it now. I could live without the red seats, but I LOVE Championship white.
itr2k587
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr2k587 »

so the 97-98 had a black shiftknob with red stitching??? where can i purchase one of those ~ the metal one pisses me off in both summer and winter.

Also it would match the JDM CTR shift boot very nicely.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I'll trade you seats deano?
DeanO
New ITRCA Member

Post by DeanO »

Ummm, no thanks... :)

Dean
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

DeanO wrote:Ummm, no thanks... :)

Dean
It was worth a try :lol:
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

DeanO, I noticed you have Washington plates on your R in that picture... how hard was it to buy it in Canada and register it in Washington. I'd like to do the same thing with a '01 CW R but I dunno how hard the steps are to getting one... What steps did you have to go through? Thanks

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
DeanO
New ITRCA Member

Post by DeanO »

Eric,

I actually bought the car from someone in Seattle. Apparantly it's not that difficult to import a Canadian-spec R. Sorry, I don't have the procedure details.

Dean
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Do a search, I know that the topic has been discussed before in here. Apparently it's a pretty painless process and you wind up just filling out some paperwork and pay some duties and then the car can be registered legally here in the States.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

hell yeah...I'm still stocking my prey as of right now... I currently own a 99 Civic Si coupe with the '00 JDM motor in it... absolutely love the motor and how it performs, my car handles extremely well BUT...its still not the real deal which I've always dreamed about owning eventually... I still have until March until I turn 25 years old and thats when I'm gonna get a R (so I'll have somewhat of a insurance break). So my plan is to get an R, then transfer all the added suspension, etc... from my current car over to the R (i.e. Spoon suspension bars, Rear Sways, bolt on's, an so on.) Other than that, I'm not gonna lower it, basically keep the car stock (amazing car off the showroom floor).

DeanO: could you, when you get time post up more interior pictures of your car...like the back seats, etc... Are just the front seats red or are the rears as well?

kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

The rear seats are red, as well. Erik B's got Canadian R rear seats in his car to match his JDM Recaro buckets in the front :)
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

outstanding... pictures, pictures, we all scream for pictures :o

also wondering if possible, say I get a 01 CW R, is there the option of having the gun medal wheels put on the car from the factory before purchase rather than the white?