TURBO GOLF

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

TURBO GOLF

Post by pUrExTc »

How fast is that thing? There was this silver one getting onto the 91 Fwy, from Gardena...side by side with me, and y'know the entrance to that freeway is a straight-away (slight curve). As soon as that light turned green, he took off from me like a bat out of hell...only VTEC kept me up with him...(yes he was trying to race), and up until 3rd gear, he stayed up with me. I don't know if he slowed down because he didnt' wanna go much faster than 80~90MPH, or because when VTEC hit in 3rd gear, I was actually pulling on him, so he just gave up...Anyone got the info on this car...I've raced two of them...and both times, it's come up pretty much the same.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
AcAttack
New ITRCA Member

Post by AcAttack »

pUrExTc, may have been the new 337 Golf. My buddy has one, and its pretty quick for what it is. They only came Silver, they have stock 18" wheels, and a few other goodys. They have a 180hp (i'm pretty sure thats what my buddy said) 1.8T, a stock 337 against an ITR would be ugly, the ITR would eat it up real bad. Cause he has Turbo back 3" exhaust, FMIC, and computer work. His best is only a 14.6, ITR's can pull that stock w/ a good driver an the right track conditions. I'm not a big VW fan, i think they suck but the new 337's are pretty cool. I'll give them that.
AcAttack
96' GS-R (RIP)
98' ITR #98-0358 (sold) Miss it soooo much
92' 240SX SE (FOR SALE!!)
I need another 98'!!!

IPS Racing

Northeast Auto Design
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

I dunno dude...he had the holeshot on me in first gear...I thought for sure I was gonna lose that race up until VTEC in 2nd gear...I'm guessing he just had more mods than I did...all I got done so far is an AEM CAI.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
bbqman
Canadian Director

1.8t vs ITR or v-tec for that matter

Post by bbqman »

I work in a shop that used to be exclusive VW(Now we do the v-tec thing to) and the guys always give me a hard time about what is faster etc.

These are my findings......
1) on the race track a box-stock ITR is always quicker than a 1.8T of the same mods....no matter who is driving
2)Street drag launches will be won by the 1.8t (cuz of it's enormous torque) if the ITR guy doesn't launch above 8,000 ( I can cuz i run RA-1s on the street)
3)After 200kph(125mph) the ITR leaves most VW products in the dust.

Let me know of your run-ins......in the mean time keep it above 7,000

BTW, almost all 1.8t are chipped, so 180bhp+ and 240 torque + are on tap.