i'm new need help how to take off the key chip

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
MIKE-HKS
New ITRCA Member

i'm new need help how to take off the key chip

Post by MIKE-HKS »

i have a 2001 type-r yellow love the car but guess what i have never driven it its been sitting for 3 month now i purchased the car and it was missing the computer so i installed a 99gsr comp but it is non chiped so the car dont start is there any way to remove the imobiliser of the key so i can use the 99gsr computer tell me there is it cant be that hard can it? or i my goin to have to buy a 2001 comp ? i had a complete 99gsr parts car that got total so i had the comp from it am prety new to the hondas so i need to learn as much as i can i also have a 2000 SI AM SELLING FOR 9K BLACK ON BLACK WITH SOME MODS thanks and hope you can help me out
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

type r ecu

Post by Jan Niemi »

The car isn't going to run right without the ITR ECU. Get one, and sell the GSR ECU.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
Nimbus
New ITRCA Member

Post by Nimbus »

GSR ECU will not work on an ITR. It has nothing to do with your imoblizer.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Re: type r ecu

Post by kabob »

Jan Niemi wrote:The car isn't going to run right without the ITR ECU. Get one, and sell the GSR ECU.
You know, I'd think this would be obvious but.. *shrugs*

Anyways, to the poster that started the thread:

Guy, a GSR ECU is not going to have the correct fuel maps, VTEC engagement, rev-limiter, etc., for an ITR.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Though it won't run correctlty, it should still start......I'd say just go borrow someone elses ECU for a minute to test out whether it works, and then trouble shoot it from there. There really isn't any easy way to remove an immobilizer, but you can have it done. That being said, to chip and OBD2 ECU it'll cost you a fortune, as to the best of my knowledge the only place that does it, is a company in Japan called Mines.

Good luck,
Aj