What do i need to get for my 45,000 mile checkup?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
01ITR#158
New ITRCA Member

What do i need to get for my 45,000 mile checkup?

Post by 01ITR#158 »

I just about have enough $ for my 45000 mile maitenance check. What are the things i should get done? Tires rotate, fluch fluids, adjust valves (specs 7 on intake 8 on exhaust, or other way around?). What else should i look to get done. Any help would be appreciated!!!!
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Flutch fluid huh? JK, you should bleed your clutch and brakes, just make sure you use a DOT4 brake fluid, this way you dont boil it, assuming you drive as hard as I do. You'll definitely want to adjust the valves, and yes it is 7 - intake and 8 - exhaust. You also want to add some power steering fluid, change your tranny oil (10w30/MTF), change your engine oil, tighten your ebrake cable, and other than that, I can't think of anything else. If you do all that, you pretty much covered the bases.

Later,
Aj
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

how can i find the way to figure out how to tighten my E brake, mines loose as a mofo...
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Take off the center console, it's only four screws(side on console) and two bolts (under E-brake under cover) You'll see the adjustment. just dont make it too tight, otherwise it'll make your rear brakes rub while your driving...

Later,
Aj
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

what do u mean u just have enough money for ur 45000 mi. check up? how much izzit anyway?
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Airbag
New ITRCA Member

cost...

Post by Airbag »

I just did my 30,000 mile check up and it turned to be more expensive then I thought. The dealer changed transmission fluid, brake fluid, engine coolent, rotate tires, inspect tie rod ends , steering gearbox, inspect all lights (like I can't), lubricate all hinges, inpected all hoses, cooling system, exhaust system, inpected fuel lines and connections, they also inpected valve clearance, adjusted valves and checked idle speed. They inspected that and more little stuff for a whopping 450.00. pretty expensive.
Airbag
New ITRCA Member

cost...

Post by Airbag »

I just did my 30,000 mile check up and it turned to be more expensive then I thought. The dealer changed transmission fluid, brake fluid, engine coolent, rotate tires, inspect tie rod ends , steering gearbox, inspect all lights (like I can't), lubricate all hinges, inpected all hoses, cooling system, exhaust system, inpected fuel lines and connections, they also inpected valve clearance, adjusted valves and checked idle speed. They inspected that and more little stuff for a whopping 450.00. pretty expensive.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

If you actually read the stuff that hey do, there's not a lot involved, and none if it's stuff that you couldn't do in your drive way. The only thing I would suggest you have acura do, is the valve adjustment. It's one of those things that if you don't know what you're doing, you probably shoudn't screw with. Other than that, save yourself the didge and do the rest....

Later,
Aj