Security Systems

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
moose6x3
New ITRCA Member

Security Systems

Post by moose6x3 »

I'm look to get a security system, anybody have any recommendations? I really don't want to spend over $250.
RedKroovy
New ITRCA Member

Post by RedKroovy »

I f you look aroound you can find them for 250. To a certain point most alarms work the same way. If the unit senses vibration the alarm goes off. Unless you live in a place like Northern Virginia on Cali a basic one with a starter kill should work good for you. However if the car crime is bad where you are invest some cash and get one with a pager function. I am sure I speak for everyone here when I say I don't want to see any more R's added to Victors list.
98 #0023
You name the vice, I'll name the price.
cxSHOE
ITRCA Member

Post by cxSHOE »

well ive talked about how the thiefs steal the cars before, just remember when you get your alarm system, dont get the high end systems that sell roughly around 400+ the key features in those systems are mainly just a better "no wires" set up ,, which do the same thing.. its not the components of the alarms generally,, its how the brain, and its functions are set up within the car that make it easy or harder to disable the entire alarm system. and most alarm techs will not do the extra work. you have to do it.

key breaking points in any alarm system (understand that DEI owns most of the alarms on the market, clifford, viper, etc so the set up is the same for all)

1. the white four wire connector to the brain.( if you have an alarm you know what i mean)

2. the connection of main wires (10-15 wires) of the brain.

you have to make sure these are secured, meaning covered with metal or incased in a metal box inorder to keep your alarm system working,,,,,

3. if these two areas are secured, the removal of the battery or siren will still keep the car from being started, because the brain keeps the "signal" of an entry within its memory....

also remember to get a carjack feature also,,,,either a stand alone system or one that is integrated with the entire alarm system....because whats the point of getting an alarm if they can still take it from you by car jacking.....

so roughly a great set up (meaning you do the necessary changes) in my opinion will be cost 350.00 for everything.

this is generally speaking and my opinion use it for what it is.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Get a clifford, if you have the money Lojack...bottom line, get what works well, not just what may get you by....

One thing you dont want to do is skimp on an alarm, it's not worth having your car stolen, especially if you're as attached to yours as I am mine.

Later,
Aj
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jason Moon »

yeah clifford is good. but just keep in note that all alarms wiring leads to the starter, where all the main wiring goes. so if someone does try to steal ur car :( they would most likely go somewhere near the starter key. be sure to protect it. i have a clifford too, but i took a one step further, about 1 and a half feet from the starter i replaced all the wiring in the color black so only i know which color is which. these days it just seems that alarms are made for style... good luck :wink:
Blazin ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Blazin ITR »

I'm in the same boat!

It's between Lo-Jack or the Clifford Advantguard 4

:?