RealTime Racing

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
FunTime_R
New ITRCA Member

RealTime Racing

Post by FunTime_R »

anyone knows where i can buy the front lip like the one on the realtime racing integras? sorry no pic, but i think u guys seen it before

thanks!
Chris N
Site Admin

Re: RealTime Racing

Post by Chris N »

FunTime_R wrote:anyone knows where i can buy the front lip like the one on the realtime racing integras? sorry no pic, but i think u guys seen it before

thanks!
Here are two threads from Honda-Tech with the info you are looking for.
The first thread is making reference to the second, do not be decieved by the fact that in one thread it is called the 'Realtime splitter and undertray' and in the other thread it is called the 'Sites splitter and undertray'.
Same thing.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=278110
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=250208
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

I asked one of the mechanics if i could buy one off one of their ITR's they said no, assuming that was going to be the answer, but if you ever go to a speedvision touring race ask them again heh.. they might just give it to you cuz of that RSX their running now. Honestly why get it though.. when i went up to it in person.. it didnt look all that great with rivots drilled into the stock bumper, it just looked like a mess.
later
-Jon
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

BlackForestMotorsports wrote:I asked one of the mechanics if i could buy one off one of their ITR's they said no, assuming that was going to be the answer, but if you ever go to a speedvision touring race ask them again heh.. they might just give it to you cuz of that RSX their running now. Honestly why get it though.. when i went up to it in person.. it didnt look all that great with rivots drilled into the stock bumper, it just looked like a mess.
later
-Jon
They are still using the ITR's, at least some of them. I highly doubt they would sell you their race parts.

Anyhoo, I don't see why anyone would ever put the splitter/undertray on their car unless it was for track use. It's bound to hit alot of things considering how low it sits to the ground. And if it was for a track car (which is the only place it should be used!, who would care what it looked like?
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I agree with the not using very low splitters on the street due to clearance issues, and although they are still running an ITR, and actually, I think two. A lot of times, toward the end of the season, not only do they get rid of their parts, frequently, they'll give a lot of them away...Not to say you should go to their pit box and beg for parts, but hang around, you may get lucky...Mosler last year threw out a whole set of rims that were beat and battered, but otherwise still good...much of the time, teams throw away stuff, that to us car junkies, may be prized possesions...

Later,
Aj
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

mostly everything these days unless your a scca junkie is mostly insured. Many teams in ALMS or even in speedvision touring have the option to insure all parts to the cars, not allowing "car junkies" to take them. And besides most peoples in R's arent going to the track everyday and have to use a splitter. And to be totally honest it wouldn't do a damn thing to a street car. But many things on the street are overkill though so.. If it's a street car..leave it a street car.. if it's a race car..well think about buying that splitter.
later
-Jon
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

And you're one to talk, mr. I need to remount my five point harnesses...hahahaha....keep it a street car...you have a very loose definition of what a street car is.

Later,
Aj
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

Especially when you build your motor 5 times and have it blow up on you for reving to 11 grand, by every stop light.. heh not too mention driving on the track is totally different then driving on the street. But drag cars are cool too, but thats just not my interest. why not 5-point harnesses I can't be safe?
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Well, I havn't blown a motor 5 times, and neither of the 2 times had anything to do with the way I drive, the first was thanks to John Brown, and the second, Eagle so far has yet to get back to me, but they think there might have been a small "harmonic weakness" in the bearing cap that gave out...either way, it's attributed to rods, there is no reason why a forged rod should break in an all motor car, regardless of how you drive!

And actually, you're the one who is always calling to brag about flying up or down on-ramps at a hundred...I don't blow by stop lights at 11K, and actually have ran like three stop lights in my life, two of which were on accident as I wasn't paying enough attention after a long day, the other was an emergency room visit...

As far as the five point harness comment, you said keep a street car a street car, and five point harnesses with the exception of a few, yours not included in that few, aren't even street legal in Florida. Aside from that, you do as much street racing as any one else...Hypocrite!

Later,
Aj
descartesfool
New ITRCA Member

Post by descartesfool »

With regards to the Realtime ITR's, P.D. Cunningham offered to sell me one of their cars last year at Mosport for $35,000. He had brought it to the track to show it and sell it. It had a fresh coat of white paint covering the orange colors and decals were removed. I didn't ask about the mileage, but I figure it had been driven hard! I didn't buy it, but I wish I'd had the cash, a trailer, pick-up and a spare muffler. So only money separates you from having a really fast track car.

With regards the splitter, undertray and wing, this was worth over 1.5 sec/lap compared to stock at Mosport according to Realtime in the year SCCA allowed the aero changes. Just put in a few DZUS all around and you too can have a removable splitter and undertray for the track, then take it off for the street.
When it feelsa good, throttle!!
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

I beg to differ.. aj!
later
-Jon
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

No need to beg, you can differ if you want....
H.I.D's
New ITRCA Member

Post by H.I.D's »

Nice one!