opinions need on what i should run

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
PY-ITR1246
New ITRCA Member

opinions need on what i should run

Post by PY-ITR1246 »

i got the car like 3 weeks ago, its a 2000 PY.
im just in the planning stages and was wondering what u guys would reccomend as far as forced induction. the car is a driven daily and i dont want to be hasseled if im running something.
will i have problems runnin turbo at 10-15 psi (i know i have to do internal work for it to be reliable) or should i just get a supercharger ( if so what would you reccomend) and just go from there.

if i do turbo i want to run a decent amount of boost so i can put down decent numbers even if i have to do alot of internals to do so.

im know the basics but am still kind of new to performance stuff cause my last car had alot of audio video and very little speed because of the engine that it had( acura 2.5 TL) and it was a 4 door.

any info would be greatly appreciated .
2000 PY Type R #1246

Let the mods begin
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

ITR = high compression = not good for high boost

Most turbo set ups on the R i have seen run 5-8psi. If you want more, i suggest alot of internal work. I'm not sure exactly what but I'm sure someone else can answer that for u.

NT