suggestions needed

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
captainzorg
ITRCA Member

suggestions needed

Post by captainzorg »

I want to do a OEM Carbon fiber hood. I have been told to stay away from APC hoods. VIS and MATRIX hoods have been recommended

I also want to do an HID KIT, do any of you guys have your ITR equipped with HIDS?? What brands and how do you like them?

And last but not least Springs. I want some nice springs. There are so many different brands out there. Any Reccomendations?

If someone has a CW ITR with a carbon fiber hood. Please post a pic....
Dev
ITRCA Member

hr

Post by Dev »

I just got a set of HR sports, which I hvent installed yet, but (weird story) I am an engineer, so all day I am around them. I brought my springs in to show them off to a couple of co-workers and they disected the shit out of them. We ran over spring rates, pitch formulas, potential and kinetic energy theories, finishes etc etc. All the mech-e's were very impressed.

Just being a nerd I showed them to this quiet Indian engineer that I expected would have shrugged them off..turns out he owned a spring company in India that used to design and build automotive springs :P He looked them over and his only negative gripe was that the ends of the springs were not smoothly finished.

As far as go, I will tell you what I think in a couple weeks..but I think there is a pretty good population of ITR owners who love their HR's

latro
Dev
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

Phillips makes a great HID kit for the integra, and its basically plug and play... looks fantastic too.
CW 98 #805
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Champ R wrote:Phillips makes a great HID kit for the integra, and its basically plug and play... looks fantastic too.
since when?

people use phillip's components for plug and play kits though.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis