LS Vtec???

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
itr
ITRCA Member

LS Vtec???

Post by itr »

i just raced an integra with ls vtec and he won, not by much but he pulled more than i thought he would. i think he just had basic bolt ons i dont know he wouldnt pop the hood. i have a 98 itr with mugen exhaust and comptech ice box. i only have 8500 miles on the car, is that why? should i have lost???
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Re: LS Vtec???

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

unless you know exactly what he had under the hood, we can't really tell. a friend rebuilt a ls vtec and installed it in his crx. with some other bolt on's, he was putting more down than 200+ whp. go find out whats under the hood, then we can tell you for sure.

NT
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

then if thats the case ls vtec with basic bolt ons puts about 20-30 whp over the type r??
RedKroovy
New ITRCA Member

Post by RedKroovy »

Me and a friend of mine were going to do an LS/Vtec on his 97 LS Teg. And in researching it we found that the LS block is more set up with low end power then our Vtec's. So basically what it comes to is that he can pull better off the line and keep going on you. But as you said its not by much.
98 #0023
You name the vice, I'll name the price.
GSRT60-1
New ITRCA Member

Post by GSRT60-1 »

OKay ITR , I will tell U my experience with 3 Ls-VTEC I have swap in my 90-93 integra . I am pretty sure that he has a fully built internals and Upgrade his piston inorder to beat an ITR. I had an LS-VTEC Turbo and I somke an S2000 on the freeway by like a whole 1 mile after ward I blew cuz I was running with a high compression intrernals.I also built an LS-VTEC with just USDM TypeR Piston and my clutch was no ready for a launch yet I ran a Fully BUILT LS VTEC on a 90-93 4door and I got somke by like 3 to 4 cars lenght.he had cams,Valve spring s retainers and USDM typeR Piston.... so I think U should know that there are a different in an stock built and a Fully Built LS-VTEC BY NOW!
ZEX Nitrous is the way to go!!!!!!!!
GSRT60-1
New ITRCA Member

Post by GSRT60-1 »

I NOW have A OBDII GSR running stock with out interior 15.08@93.4mph at Fontana california speedway ...I ran a 14.225@97.8mph with ZEX Nitrous KIT with a blown spark plug on cylinder number 1 .so I had only 3 cylinder after the 2nd run and I just did poorly for the whole night I ran 14.54@98.2mph at the end with only 3 cylinder...I didn't know until the next day I blew a laser platium spark plug for ACURA DEALER is not meant to be use on TURBO OR NOS MOTOR .I need to buy a cooler GRADE PLUG. I was going to hit 13.9 but it was not happening with a 3 cylinder left I got so piss.
ZEX Nitrous is the way to go!!!!!!!!
IntegraGSR401
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegraGSR401 »

I ran a 15.3 on a N/A setup on my homebuilt Type-R motor, my '97oBDII b18C1 with a '99 si head with USDM Type R pistons, CTR Intake Cam, and ITR Exhaust cam. I had bent exhaust vavles on cylinders 1 & 2. 1 is completely dead, pull the spark plug wire out, and no idle change, and 2 isnt' so bad, but not by much...I gotta take a photo of the timeslip... :twisted: Rebuilding the head next year 9,000rpm's here I come... :o
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

I had a LSVTEC setup in my 00 Si with the basic bolt ons and then i sold it to my friend and got my ITR with a Intake and pulled topend on the LSVTEC and I was surprised that I pulled topend!