Low mileage Type Rs

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Low mileage Type Rs

Post by snookerblack7 »

I was just wondering, after reading about that guy's "50 mile ITR" in the other thread, who out there has a low mileage ITR besides that one? The last year they made them was '01 so the miles must be adding up on all those ITRs out there.. I thought mine was low at around 15000 kms but the 50 mile one should be in a museum!
YellowDragon279
ITRCA Member

Re: Low mileage Type Rs

Post by YellowDragon279 »

50 Miles is pretty low. Sounds like it was never Driven.
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

my 01 has 5700 miles now...too bad i been driving it alot lately. in march, it only had 4375 :(
gosox2003
New ITRCA Member

Post by gosox2003 »

mine has 124xx miles on it and is a 2001. i would suspect that there is less than 100 type r's with under 15000mi in the USA
reiner383
New ITRCA Member

Post by reiner383 »

My 01 has 11,000 on it and I just looked at one that only had 2700 miles on it, so they are out there.
Bombayite
New ITRCA Member

Post by Bombayite »

I have a 01 with has 16K.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

My 2000 R has about 5000 on it now... Baught the motor with 4K on it 2 weeks ago... Question for the 50 mile R dude... why even buy a R if your not going to drive the damn thing? Whats the point in looking at a beautiful car in the garage. DRIVE THAT THING!

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

I don't understand any of the low mileage cars (low = < 12k per year). Why buy a car and practically never drive it? Doesn't make sense.

-Dave, who has 70k on his 2000 gs-r, and would have at least that many if I felt like owning a 2000 PY ITR.. probably 80 or 90k.
Last edited by Dave-ROR on June 14th, 2003, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
1997 type R #103
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1997 type R #103 »

Guys,
I have a 1997 CW TYPE-R with 6,439 mile on it.All original down to the original tires and battery kept in my garage.still smells new inside the car.I take it out once in a while when its a nice day to drive it.
Well as to why some one buys a car like that and don't drive it?..EVERYONE IS NOT THE SAME PERSON....DIFFER STOKES FOR DIFFER FOLKS!!!!
I plan to keep it for many more years and just do some car shows with it,i think alot of you guys will be glad to still see an ORIGINAL TYPE-R in 10 to 15 years from now and you will remember when you had your TYPE-R.

Nick.
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

thats how i am "1997 type R #103", thats why I have been looking for a new beater. I have put too many miles on my current one.
socalitr
New ITRCA Member

Post by socalitr »

I'm the guy with the 50 mile ITR. I agree, the car should be driven if you're going to buy it. I bought it concurrently with my former fiance, so although the car was primarily in my name to finance it, it was really her car. She agreed at that time to make all payments - that didn't happen. She got several thousand dollars behind, and we've long since broken up - so I had to go and get the car so I can sell it.
The car was literally driven from the dealership to her house and that was it. It went around the block twice in 3 years. The next time it was driven was last weekend - from her house to my shop. I need to drive it to my insurance company to get it fully covered, so it will get a few more miles on it then - but I have no idea why she got it and didn't drive it. We got a yellow one also which I also had to go get - she did drive that one so it has 36k miles on it - but the black one just sat.
If you just drive an ITR on weekends, special occassions, etc. and drive a beater daily that makes sense to me - but not just keeping a car as a collector's item or something. Just my .02.
WTypeRogerX
New ITRCA Member

Post by WTypeRogerX »

e r i c s 9 9 s i wrote:Whats the point in looking at a beautiful car in the garage. DRIVE THAT THING!
'00, 2500 miles. I only take it out to beat it at the track or auto-x.
WRX is my daily driver and winter skimobile.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I bought my ITR 2 months ago from Philly. Got it with 27.1k miles. Just passed 28.5k. I don't drive it because I work 90+ hour work weeks not because i'm babying it. That car don't know what's coming when I take a few days off in August!!